Curious

Options
Currently trying to lose weight with that being said had a question about the predicted weight loss after 5 weeks is that close estimate do you see that weight or close to it when you log your diary

Replies

• stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't find it accurate
  • travislee9883
    travislee9883 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    You have to keep in mind that it says "if every day were like today", meaning exact calories in and calories out every single day. That's where the prediction falls short because our food intake and calorie burn differs day to day. For most people anyway... I think it's good to give a general idea of where you're heading if you stay the course though.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    You have to keep in mind that it says "if every day were like today", meaning exact calories in and calories out every single day. That's where the prediction falls short because our food intake and calorie burn differs day to day. For most people anyway... I think it's good to give a general idea of where you're heading if you stay the course though.

Yeah, even on those days when my intake is exactly the same, my calorie burn from activity and exercise is different. I don't pay attention to the prediction.
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If it were accurate I would have hit my goal months ago!!! Lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've written that number on my calendar many times (5 weeks from today), and it has never been accurate for me. Maybe if everyday were exactly the same as today it may be slightly accurate. But I have never been able to achieve that for 5 straight weeks.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Ignore it
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    When I had my best success losing I think I was eating very similar meals and was consistent in my exercise regimen. I'm beginning to think everyday should be like the last. Of course, how many turkey sandwiches in a row can you handle?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    When I had my best success losing I think I was eating very similar meals and was consistent in my exercise regimen. I'm beginning to think everyday should be like the last. Of course, how many turkey sandwiches in a row can you handle?

I like to change it up with ham every now and then.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    It's an eye opener to me when I overeat and log (like today...major splurge tonight) and it says 5 weeks from today you'd weigh "3.6 lbs more than I currently do" o_0 Yikes!
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I don't treat that as a prediction, that I WILL weigh that much in 5 weeks.

I see it as feedback on my eating and exercise today.
    If I overeat, it reminds me that if I keep going like this, I'm going to either lose weight very slowly or may get bigger
    If I eat very little it shows me that I could lose weight faster, but then I get to think about whether that's a sustainable way to go.

So, for me it's not a prediction, its a chance to reflect on my day.
  • pfreeme
    pfreeme Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    With my exerciseing and only doing 1200 cal (my goal is 7-8 lbs less) 125-117 Id lost a lb and was hopeful. The 5 wks from tday said Id be 107 lol.. I havent ever been 107 maybe as a child. But I gained back my lb! I guess I ate more roasted almonds than I thought.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    ignore it...