Anybody slimming for their wedding?!!

Options

Replies

• bbop10
    bbop10 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    jennyloie1 wrote: »
    I'd love to find others that are getting to skin down and tone up. Having a goal in sight always helps me keep perspective.

I used to with 250 lbs and have maintained around 155 lbs for ther last 5 years. I really want to lose my last 25-30 lbs and I'm getting married ON THE BEACH in September! Time to kick it into gear!

I'm shedding for a September wedding too... in Hawaii!! Congrats to you! Let's be friends! :smiley:
  • Gilmoregrl7878
    Gilmoregrl7878 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am! My wedding is June 3rd and I started exercising in January and have lost 13 pounds so far. My lowest weight ever was 173 at 5'10" and I was so happy at that weight.. However, after being on 2 medications, being an antidepressant and birth control, I rapidly gained 60 pounds in 9 months. My ideal goal is to get back to the 170's, but I'm doing little goals like 20 pounds at a time to seem less intimidating than saying I want to lose 60 pounds! I'm trying to stay motivated but it is hard because I only lost 1 pound in the last 2 weeks, so I get discouraged! Hope to hear some good stories from you guys to keep up the motivation!
  • JordannaLynne
    JordannaLynne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so grateful this thread exists; I figured some people out there must be feeling like me! I'm getting married June 11th; I bought my dress last summer because I fell in love with it, but instead of losing weight I gained weight! So while it fit when I bought it, I'm now too big for it. It's definitely the result of stress eating, so I'm hoping using MFP to track what I put in my mouth will help me lose that 15 lbs I put on! I also got a Fitbit, so I'm hoping that will help motivate me to keep moving throughout the day. What keeps you ladies motivated each day? The wedding is a good end goal but I feel like I need something on a daily basis to force me to make good choices and break all the bad habits I've gone back to this year.
  • jennyloie1
    jennyloie1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I loved reading all your posts! ♡♡♡ yay for love and weddings!

Here are some things that help me:
    1. MEAL PREP!!!! I hate doing it, but it's a must.

2. Setting small goals to male the journey seem more obtainable.

3. Learn that the scale is your friend, but it's kind of a two faced *kitten*. Understand your weight fluctuates because of water, hormones, stress, etc.

Some things that are pissing me off!
    1. My fiance is already in great shape and his first week back to the gym from a surgery, he's lost 3 lbs and gained 1.9 lbs of muscle. This week I've gained 1.5 lbs and my period is veiling up next week.

2. Sometimes staring at myself naked makes this whole process feel overwhelming.

3. My work schedule works against me. I'm a police officer and between the high stress calls, constant adrenaline dumps, and graveyard schedule, it's hard to have a healthy lifestyle.

• geemariep
    geemariep Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so grateful this thread exists; I figured some people out there must be feeling like me! I'm getting married June 11th; I bought my dress last summer because I fell in love with it, but instead of losing weight I gained weight! So while it fit when I bought it, I'm now too big for it. It's definitely the result of stress eating, so I'm hoping using MFP to track what I put in my mouth will help me lose that 15 lbs I put on! I also got a Fitbit, so I'm hoping that will help motivate me to keep moving throughout the day. What keeps you ladies motivated each day? The wedding is a good end goal but I feel like I need something on a daily basis to force me to make good choices and break all the bad habits I've gone back to this year.

June 11th here too :) I'm going to add you. We can do it!
  • cyndlynn
    cyndlynn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in July! I weigh 148, but would LOVE to be 130-135 when I take those vows! I'm looking for friends, and I have a fitbit too!
  • tyra619danielle
    tyra619danielle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Getting married in late October (: trying to lose around 15-20lbs and continue on to my ultimate goal of 140(currently fluctuating between 170-175) Feel free to add me (:
  • CarpStylist
    CarpStylist Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sweating before the wedding! I am trying to lose 15lbs before the wedding. I'm in decent shape so these 15lbs are HARD to let go! I need to cut out the wine and go hard on my nutrition.
  • nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 8th and would absolutely love to lose 10 more pounds by then. I'm lifting right now and I seem to just be losing and gaining back the same 3 pounds. So frustrating!! We can do it!!
  • geemariep
    geemariep Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    cyndlynn wrote: »
    I'm getting married in July! I weigh 148, but would LOVE to be 130-135 when I take those vows! I'm looking for friends, and I have a fitbit too!

add me :) my Fitbit is gpontarelli@gmail
  • jennyloie1
    jennyloie1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sweating before the wedding! I am trying to lose 15lbs before the wedding. I'm in decent shape so these 15lbs are HARD to let go! I need to cut out the wine and go hard on my nutrition.

OH MAN. I cut out wine the first of February. The first couple of weeks it was really hard! I definitely appreciated my glass or two of wine with dinner. But, I notice I have a lot more motivation to work out now that I've cut out alcohol for the next few months.
  • LemonadeCandy_
    LemonadeCandy_ Posts: 195 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Getting married in October and I'd love more friends on here and on fitbit! I have about 40 lbs to lose, and I'm picking out my dress next week so it will be ready in time. Not too excited, honestly. I could use some support, and will happily return the favor to my fellow future brides and grooms!

PM me for fitbit exchange!
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married or anything but I keep my diary open and I have been logging for years. Not necessarily every single day, but most days. Feel free to add me if you want some company on your journey.
  • NicoleDlugosz
    NicoleDlugosz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married Nov 5! My goal is to lose 35 more pounds in the next 6 months. I just started a Pure Barre class to get me motivated to work out again, and plan on adding running and weight lifting to that. My biggest struggle is nutrition, as I am a big stress eater! And things are only getting more stressful as I count down the days!
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in October on the beach ! I would love if anyone added me as friend!!
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    not losing for my wedding but for my sisters! I do not want to be the only beached whale in the pictures - she is very healthy and her friends are all tiny. I know I will be at least a head and shoulders height above them, but I'd rather not be equally as wide.

She gets married this September - giving it my all!

Congratulations everyone btw!!!!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Getting married on 6/20!
  • daisybelle84
    daisybelle84 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married but I am a bridesmaid in December!!! I want to look and feel amazing in my dress and need to lose about 75 lbs to get there!! Everyone feel free to add me!
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Gettign married in Greece in September! Cant wait, good luck ladies!
  • becbec777
    becbec777 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married, however I do have a wedding to attend in April 2017. Working towards that goal to get a nice dress as a guest. Everyday I try to find small wins to keep me motivated. Thanks. Please feel Frien to add me as a MFP friend.