Surprised by what I ate last night!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• buttquack
    buttquack Posts: 10
    Options
    I was also a victim of wings had 10 for lunch and went to log it...figured 800+ calories. I spent a lot of time at the gym that night.
    Would I do that again? Yes of course the whole reason I watch what i eat and exercise is to have a "bad" meal every so often.
    I would not kick myself over it.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Thanks bustertriscuit and buttquack
  • mjersh
    mjersh Posts: 46
    Options
    Ate at Cheesecake Factory a few months ago and came home and checked the calories. Everything was over 1,000 calories and it wasn't even the cheesecake! Now I check before I go to a restaurant.
  • hardenedheartx
    hardenedheartx Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me all the time. Now, i either check online before I go out or use an app on my IPhone to look up the calories. But, one bad meal won't undue everything you've accomplished. You just have to put it behind you and keep going. Everyone has those days.
  • Rubes
    Rubes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! That is how I felt after I looked up the calories for the Quesadilla Explosion salad at Chilis.......TERRIBLE FOR YOU! All of my calories for the day and 89g of fat in a salad!! BUT don't worry-tomorrow is another day and good thing you were drinking water!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I still go to Buffalo Wild Wings - but I usually eat 8 spicy garlic wings (576 calories). The traditional bone-in wings have about 33% fewer calories than the boneless ones.
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    I still go to Buffalo Wild Wings - but I usually eat 8 spicy garlic wings (576 calories). The traditional bone-in wings have about 33% fewer calories than the boneless ones.
    Yep, I found that out. If there is a next time will definitely go with the original and a lighter sauce. OH and I will try to not eat 12 of them, even though they are pretty small.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Yep, I found that out. If there is a next time will definitely go with the original and a lighter sauce. OH and I will try to not eat 12 of them, even though they are pretty small.

And, 12 wings comes in 864 calories. :-) If you get a good workout in, that's really not that big of a deal. I consider something like that to be an acceptable splurge, and something I can easily plan into my calorie allotment from time to time. Personally, indulgences like that are what keep me on track over the long run.

And you know what...now I am craving Buffalo Wild Wings! LOL
  • FinalOutrage
    Options
    First of all who the heck eats 12 of any chicken piece in one setting? Secondly any piece be it wing, leg or thigh is in the 130-200 calorie per piece range depending on size. Third they don't hire people to debone chicken wings. Your boneless wings were made of chicken, What part who knows. Even if you made them from fresh chicken at home your looking at 1200 calories or more for 12 real chicken wings. I personally would eat 3-4 max knowing thats 300-400 calories before veggies and other meal items. So their wings weren't any higher in calories and sodium then if you made them at home and used a bottle of wing sauce. Just saying.
    Cool pointless rant, bro.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I love Buffalo Wild WIngs, so I feel your pain. What I do is get 12 boneless and split them with my mom.. and then split them again into two meals of 3 and 3. I also get the garlic parmesan sauce.. so good!

Don't stress too much... we all have those Oops moments and you can hop back on track tomorrow!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    First of all who the heck eats 12 of any chicken piece in one setting? Secondly any piece be it wing, leg or thigh is in the 130-200 calorie per piece range depending on size. Third they don't hire people to debone chicken wings. Your boneless wings were made of chicken, What part who knows. Even if you made them from fresh chicken at home your looking at 1200 calories or more for 12 real chicken wings. I personally would eat 3-4 max knowing thats 300-400 calories before veggies and other meal items. So their wings weren't any higher in calories and sodium then if you made them at home and used a bottle of wing sauce. Just saying.

I'm just a little thing and I can eat 12 wings...they're not big lol. I don't eat them anymore because that would be my whole day and 2x my sodium!
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    Twelve wings is perfectly feasible for a main meal... especially if there's a good conversation going on and you aren't worrying about the food.

To the OP, don't worry about it, you live and learn... and at least you *have* learnt. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who would never gain anything positive from that experience. I hope you had a really time... :)
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options

umm i'm 5'7, 125 pounds and i can EASILY eat 10 chicken wings at a single serving and not be full. there's not much meat on those little things. give the guy a break.
  • pauljsolie
    Options

umm i'm 5'7, 125 pounds and i can EASILY eat 10 chicken wings at a single serving and not be full. there's not much meat on those little things. give the guy a break.
    Well they were boneless and they are more filling than the originals. I'll never make that mistake again.
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Oh my bob!!:noway: That sodium is crazy!! Thanks for the heads up. I have been craving those wings since I have one close to me!!! ...BUT sweat yourself over it. I'm sure you had a good time and it's ok to enjoy food like that once in a blue moon! Doesn't sound like you do it everyday so... enjoy the memory and move on! :drinker: Now go drink gallons of water! LOL
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Last time I read about the worst high calorie food article, I saw how much in that 12 wings. Not going there if I can avoid, if I have to I'll only order half (or eat half and bring home the other)