Lost 40 lbs!!!

Options
excitedsprout
excitedsprout Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2016 in Success Stories
hey guys! ive been using this app for a while now but this is my first time actually posting, i feel like such a newbie hahaha ;-p so this is my progress so far :)g692mddk8fgz.jpg
c22fc6tv5t7e.jpg

august 2015: 156 lbs
may 2016: 114 lbs

im actually really proud of how far ive come and all the hard work ive put in...all the countless hours working out on the floor, praying nobody comes in and sees me all red and sweaty hahahaha all of that kind of seems worth it!

Replies

• yassa1995
    yassa1995 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!
  • excitedsprout
    Options
    yassa1995 wrote: »
    Good job!!!

thank you so much :) peace be with you!
  • satisatisati
    satisatisati Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    wow
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    you look great.. inspiring.
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Ah-mazing!! You look super hot even in your before pic and I wouldn't mind achieving a hot bod like that :p Anyway, congrats!! your hard work is visible :)
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :-)
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great.
  • Devarshee
    Devarshee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are such a good inspiration on me...I am trying to go as slow and steady as I can (have an long history of losing weight fast then gaining it all back) and watching you succeed makes me feel good about my plan. Thank you for sharing you success. How did you do it?
  • guslabcat
    guslabcat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm inspired! Thanks for the great example.
  • excitedsprout
    Options
    Devarshee wrote: »
    You are such a good inspiration on me...I am trying to go as slow and steady as I can (have an long history of losing weight fast then gaining it all back) and watching you succeed makes me feel good about my plan. Thank you for sharing you success. How did you do it?

i get that, it sucks how you wanna lose weight and then you end up getting it off and your metabolism brings it right back!!! i try to refrain from any "whites" (flour, bread, rice, etc) and i work out at least one hour a day. what really helped me out was learning portion sizes. it doesnt matter how healthy something is; too much of it can still be bad for you. its easy for me because i have my mom to push me, i encourage getting a work out buddy :)
  • jatin96arora
    jatin96arora Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Preety good
  • mat260
    mat260 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good job congrats....!
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Nice work, you look terrific! I also think you look adorable in your before picture, but in the after picture you look like a person who will be fit and healthy for the rest of her life. Good for you!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good for you!
  • NewMEEE2016
    NewMEEE2016 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • excitedsprout
    Options
    How tall are you?

i am 5'5" ;-p
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I thought the first pic was you proud of losing 40 and I thought, "just 20 more", but no, it was the before and you've vanished since!
  • NewMEEE2016
    NewMEEE2016 Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    First, congrats on achieving your goal. That is a huge accomplishment. That said: You were BEAUTIFUL in the first picture- with just a little "pudge" to lose. My honest opinion is that in the second photo you look too thin. 114 is the very lowest recommended weight for a woman 5'5"- and that is for a SMALL frame. Especially if you are working out and gaining muscle (muscle weighs more than fat, as you know), 114 is very low. It's your body- but I think you would look ideal if you put on a few lbs.
  • funsizesami
    funsizesami Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just met you, and this is crazy... but here's my screen name. Add me, maybe? :p lol

But for real though, ExcitedSprout, can I add you as a friend on here? I'm trying to find more short girls with similar goals and just generally motivational people all together. Lol I tried to send you a message, but that section of the app doesn't want to work on my phone. :(
  • Mommato5b1g
    Mommato5b1g Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!