No cheat weekend

Options
2»

Replies

• katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I pledge 'No Cheat Weekend'

Fantastic and what's your goal not to cheat on?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    How do you cheat on CICO?
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    How do you cheat on CICO?

Apparently you drink 4 glasses of water instead of 8 or you exercise once, not twice.
    Because if you planned to drink 8 glasses and you only drink 4, then the consequence will be...... ummm I don't know, but clearly thats cheating and that's bad and you have to do something to make up for it?

OP, I am trying to see where you are coming from, I do get that it's a good idea to make a plan for how you want to get healthier, and then stick to it.

But, if something changes, to call it cheating (and then presumably have to post on the forums on Monday saying "oh no I ate some cheesecake, my weight loss plan is RUINED!") just makes it a much bigger deal that it needs to be, and I feel as though it just feeds into this all-or-nothing mindset that doesn't seem a healthy way to get good results for the long term.
    I guess I'm just not a fan of extremism in any form.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I treat not cheat.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm eating at maintenance this weekend. I pledge not to go over that amount.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    but that's just eating not cheating.

Let's not even get into that debate...
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    OP you used one of the verboten words on MFP. Prepare for "helpful questions" that are meant to passive aggressively tell you that your choice of words is wrong despite the fact that everyone knows what you mean.

I gotta stay on track this weekend and not eat over my calorie limit so I can relax for the next two weekends when I'm visiting friends (:
  • shaybee377
    shaybee377 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm going to the beach in two weeks, so there's no room for error on the weekends anymore-they are my biggest weakness!
  • lancehietpas
    lancehietpas Posts: 13 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Not this weekend. I'm rooting for though.
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Went over my caloric goals... A pound of wings and beers with friends. I'm ok with a smaller weight loss this week. Iwalked away from donuts in the staff room all day.

I'll cut a few more calories this week and grind a few more minutes of cardio every day. I've commited to a healthy lifestyle.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I pledge to eat 1350 calories this whole weekend to the best of my ability.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I will not cheat on my beloved Talenti with that naughty Klondike Bar.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand this cheating mentality. Weight loss isn't a test... how is going off plan, or not meeting your goals cheating? Or does it help some folks to feel like they can have a "cheat meal" every so often? I feel like those meals / days set folks up for failure, and promote an unhealthy relationship with food.

I follow a ketogenic WOE and I had a cookie today. Blew my carbs out of the water in one snack. I'm not sorry. I wasn't cheating. I was participating in a family/school event.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    i never cheat on any weekend - does that count?

+1

During my first 16 weeks, when I was on a mission to get down to a certain point ... I didn't have a single solitary day where I ate more calories than I burned. No point. Eating more calories than I burned was not part of the plan.

Then I took a one-month break where I didn't log and ate whatever I wanted (but exercised a lot). Some days I probably stayed within my calorie limit ... others not so much. :grin:

And then I resumed the diet for another 16 weeks ... not a single day where I ate more calories than I burned.

Since then I've been maintaining, so yes I do take planned non-logging weekends, and this is one of those. :) I had donuts yesterday. :grin:
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I swear I will not cheat.

I will enjoy all available foods officially, conscientiously and enjoyably. :)
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    It's Mother's Day this weekend

That means buffet....I can't pledge to anything lol
  • anacasta81
    anacasta81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    katie22mfp wrote: »
    Who is going to join this post to pledge not to cheat this weekend!?

I will always cheat on the weekends! I hate it! I need to conquer this weekend like a champ! I pledge not to cheat! ✋
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    my son is taking me to disneyland for mothers day - since we do so much walking, i can easily fit that fajita salad into my calories :)