Hello and Help

Options
Its been a while since I was on the site, but find myself struggling now in a major way. I was doing really well 18 months ago 5 days a week at the gym and watching what I was eating, I have since started my own business which is proving difficult at times and very stressful and in Feb this year I had a full hysterectomy so have not been able to exercise like I was. Whilst I feel the benefits of not being in constant pain, I am ballooning in weight and with the job I do which is customer facing I can not afford to get any bigger I have put nearly a stone on in 18 months. I am not on HRT as I can not due to side effects. I don't feel confident enough to go back to the gym due to an ongoing issue after the surgery, I have started walking more but only really this week. Have had a lot of fruit and grape nuts with natural yoghurt for brekkies which I have been enjoying until I have just seen the bloody calories in it all. Depressed, stressed and frustrated to say the least. I need some help with trying to eat foods that will counteract the lack of oestrogen and loose weight. Wow should have just said hello.

Replies

• marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome back and there is a product that might help you (it has worked for a few family members), it is not for weight loss, but to help with the hormones. I am not sure you can get it where you are, but maybe you can order it online. Do a search and you will find it and reviews to help you decide if you want to try it. Progessence Plus Serum, Young Living Essential Oils - young living are all natural oils
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    Hello, welcome back and there is a product that might help you (it has worked for a few family members), it is not for weight loss, but to help with the hormones. I am not sure you can get it where you are, but maybe you can order it online. Do a search and you will find it and reviews to help you decide if you want to try it. Progessence Plus Serum, Young Living Essential Oils - young living are all natural oils

How something you put on your face for wrinkles, sold by a MLM company, can help is beyond me. https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/products/progessence-plus-serum.

To the OP: What sort of side effects does the HRT produce for you?

As far a foods go, there are a lot of 'healthy' foods that also have a TON of calories, unfortunately. Try switching out the yoghurt for a low fat Greek yogurt for starters. Tastes amazing and also has good protein numbers.

Perhaps get your doctor to refer you to a registered dietician (not a nutritionist!) in your area for specific advice?

And as far as exercise goes, walking is awesome if it's what you can do comfortably and safely. I've lost 75 lbs just through walking and, in the summer, aqua jogging, which gives you the benefits of jogging without the stress on your joints.

Welcome to MFP. :)
  • mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It is frustrating to see how many calories are in some healthy foods. This is a reason why some people don't lose weight they assume its all natural our whatever. But you have to track the calories, it really works. Start small you can do it.
  • butterboo20
    butterboo20 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    mickeycoco wrote: »
    Its been a while since I was on the site, but find myself struggling now in a major way. I was doing really well 18 months ago 5 days a week at the gym and watching what I was eating, I have since started my own business which is proving difficult at times and very stressful and in Feb this year I had a full hysterectomy so have not been able to exercise like I was. Whilst I feel the benefits of not being in constant pain, I am ballooning in weight and with the job I do which is customer facing I can not afford to get any bigger I have put nearly a stone on in 18 months. I am not on HRT as I can not due to side effects. I don't feel confident enough to go back to the gym due to an ongoing issue after the surgery, I have started walking more but only really this week. Have had a lot of fruit and grape nuts with natural yoghurt for brekkies which I have been enjoying until I have just seen the bloody calories in it all. Depressed, stressed and frustrated to say the least. I need some help with trying to eat foods that will counteract the lack of oestrogen and loose weight. Wow should have just said hello.

Hey there,

Other than the weight issues I hope your recovery is doing well. I'm 4 weeks post-op full LVAH hysterectomy tomorrow. I've gained a good 4-5 lbs since my surgery and still have issues with swelly belly. I'm just starting back on my weight loss journey now. I know we are supposed to wait the 6 weeks to recover but I was cleared for some light spinning and walking. From others I have spoken to that have had hysterectomies, they have all recommended light foods such as greens, fruits and white meats. Good luck!