Breastfeeding Mommas

Options
JennyLee825
JennyLee825 Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I'm a breastfeeding mom of a 7 month old girl. I have already reached my pre preggo weight but am wanting to lose a little more and get toned. I'm eating 80-100g of carbs a day plus working out 6 days a week. Have any other moms found success with dieting/losing weight while breastfeeding? Do you have any food suggestions to help keep supply up during this time?

Replies

• seomra
    seomra Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Porridge, Greek yoghurt, fruit, lots of water (lots & lots) peanut butter (sparingly) spread on rice crackers, wholegrains and plenty of veggies with every meal. Good luck!
  • walking2running
    walking2running Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I lost weight while breastfeeding. It added a nice amount of calories to my daily calorie goal, and I didn't have to eat a low amount of calories at all. See if you're losing weight at TDEE calories and re-evaluate.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I have lost 29 pounds since the new year eating my TDEE, 45 since my baby was born (back to pre-pregnancy weight). I get a good amount of calories, i do exercise but don't usually eat all my exercise calories. I still have about 20 to go but i am pretty happy with how I am looking now, I can see such a difference. I do highly reccomend looking in to weight lifting, It has done a LOT for my shape and it will help you get 'toned'.

As for supply, as long as you are eating a good amount of calories and not starving yourself, it should be ok. Oatmeal is good for supply, I ate that and had mother's milk tea when I started out, but my little guy is 8 months now and I haven't needed to worry about supply at all.

Also if you have only a little to lose it will come off slowly, i am averaging 1 pound a week currently, but when i get to 15 pounds above goal i will be expecting to lose .5 pounds a week.

Sorry for the novel, i hope some of that helps
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm 8.5 mo pp with baby 4. 1.5 lbs from pre pregnancy weight. I'm 5'4", eat 1820 and all my exercise calories. I lift 3x a week (new rules of lifting for women) and run about 15 miles a week, maybe a day of cross training too. The lifting is really helping me look and feel better!
  • Vanyahiril
    Vanyahiril Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've successfully lost the weight from both my pregnancies! My youngest is turning one in a week and a half, & I've decided to start weaning this week. I'm gonna miss those extra calories. I'm gonna maintain for a little while, then try & drop these extra couple of pounds.

I eat a lot of oatmeal. (Sometimes for dinner, I add things like Italian seasoning & a little cheese, and whatever meat we have around. Oatmeal is bland enough, you can add pretty much anything to it, to make it taste good). I sometimes drink raspberry leaf tea, I haven't done any real research if it really helps or not, but it hydration is hydration! Drink plenty of water. Other than that, I really haven't done anything diet wise to help boost milk production.