paleo mug cakes, too healthy and easy to be so good !

AliceAxe
AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
edited May 2016 in Recipes
2 weeks of nothing but rain and my arthritis is through the roof. wanting to lay in a warm bed with a hot cuppa and comfort food so for breakfast I made a decadent mug cake, all the sinful pleasure without the sin.

1 banana
1/2 cut peanut butter
1 egg
2 tbs coco powder
splenda

microwave in mug or bowl until fully cooked. leave out the sweetner if the banana is sweet enough. Ive also used different nut and seed butters. topped with ovaltine or nutella. and replaced some of the nut butter with nutella for a brownie like cake. so good! not sure what the calorie count is though.

here are some other recipies I just found! if anyone tries them please post your results and tweaks!

http://paleogrubs.com/mug-cake-recipes

Replies

  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Where did our ancestors plug their microwaves into? Also where did they get the splenda?
    Also if by healthy you mean low calorie, then this is not.

    haha I think its more about the ingredients, but I dont know why they are called that. I dont realy follow a paleo diet. I just like these because they dont have grain and dairy adn I avoid those. and so quick to make. I think the fruit nut butter is a lot healthier than eating a chocolate cake with a bunch of refined white flour and sugar dont you?
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    AliceAxe wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Where did our ancestors plug their microwaves into? Also where did they get the splenda?
    Also if by healthy you mean low calorie, then this is not.

    haha I think its more about the ingredients, but I dont know why they are called that. I dont realy follow a paleo diet. I just like these because they dont have grain and dairy adn I avoid those. and so quick to make. I think the fruit nut butter is a lot healthier than eating a chocolate cake with a bunch of refined white flour and sugar dont you?

    Doesn't Nutella have dairy (milk and whey) and therefore not dairy free? And sugar, so even more non-paleo?
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    ASH_DVM wrote: »
    AliceAxe wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Where did our ancestors plug their microwaves into? Also where did they get the splenda?
    Also if by healthy you mean low calorie, then this is not.

    haha I think its more about the ingredients, but I dont know why they are called that. I dont realy follow a paleo diet. I just like these because they dont have grain and dairy adn I avoid those. and so quick to make. I think the fruit nut butter is a lot healthier than eating a chocolate cake with a bunch of refined white flour and sugar dont you?

    Doesn't Nutella have dairy (milk and whey) and therefore not dairy free? And sugar, so even more non-paleo?

    no its not but those EXTRAS are just what I personaly like to add in addition to that original recipie I posted. I said I AVOID those, I havent cut them out entirely. like I said , I dont follow a paleo diet. I dont slather on tons of nutella! just a little bit mabee 1/4 teaspoon for flavor and cut the cake into sections. I just like these cakes and thats what they are called on most referneces. even if I werent on a diet I would like them because they are easy to make.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    FFS. No matter what you post here, somebody always swoops in and tells you why you are wrong.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    The cocoa mug cake that I make for breakfast is 331 calories. It's pretty big, so I microwave in a ceramic bowl and cut it in half. I eat half for breakfast and half mid morning. It's better after it sits for a couple of hours and cools down. Ingredients: 16g oatmeal
    4g chia seeds
    5g almonds-chopped, or other nuts
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    vanilla
    10g unsweetened cocoa powder
    120g mature banana
    1 egg
    1 tbls milk

    I use a hand mixer to whip everything together, put in the bowl and micro 3.5-4 min on high.
    I've had good luck with this and it's filling. This is not a paleo recipe, of course, but is an alternative to the OP's and gives you the calorie count--very important.