A work in progress..

Options
firef1y72
firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
So I started this journey back in November weighing in at 289.5lb, refusing to allow anyone to photograph me at that point. At that point I could hardly walk, (I have hypermobility syndrome), was on painkillers 4x a day, couldn't get out of the bath on my own, couldn't sit at tables with fixed chairs and could barely manage 3000 steps a day.

Rather than following any faddy diets, I decided that I would try simply eating less and moving more and so started tracking what I ate on here and bought myself a Fitbit to track activity. I refused to ban any food, instead saying to myself that as long as it was within my calorie allowance I could eat it and if it wasn't and I really wanted it I'd walk until it was.

By the 1st of January I was 32lb down and finally allowed my photo to be taken and decided to start creating a montage of progress pics, showing how my body changed. Starting with monthly pictures and then adding in pics when I hit one of my mini targets.

97fm1xuc55kx.jpg

Today I broke what was (to me at least) a big target and I am under 225lb for the first time in well over 4 years. ut2pxmt78nvf.jpg

Next target is 210lb which I hope to hit by the end of May, but in the meantime I've reduced my pain meds by half, can get in and out of the bath on my own, go to the gym 3-5 times a week, am on week 4 of C25K and walk 20000-30000 steps a day.

Replies

• Carla1962Shaw2015
    Carla1962Shaw2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! You not only look great, it sounds like you are feeling so much better. Congratulations!
  • plushieboo
    plushieboo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! You are doing great!! And looking good!!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    WOW! I can't begin to tell you how happy I am for you. Fabulous change in your weight and appearance, but the ability to be mobile with less pain - fabulous. The happier look on your face says much
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job!! Great work and You are inspiration for newbies like me!! All the best for the goal!! You are looking good.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Absolutely terrific change! Keep up the great effort and you'll reach your goals for sure!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    kgb6days wrote: »
    WOW! I can't begin to tell you how happy I am for you. Fabulous change in your weight and appearance, but the ability to be mobile with less pain - fabulous. The happier look on your face says much

Thank you. I am much happier with being able to do more for myself. Still see myself as the woman in the first picture though, I seriously struggle with self image. But the photos don't lie and they're helping me see the difference in my body.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Those are fantastic achievements, well done to you! <3

All the best!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep trudging through. You'll make it. :smile:
  • bjcvickers
    bjcvickers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, you are an inspiration! I began my journey last month and you are an encouragement to me.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!!! Sounds great. Congratulations.
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Great goal setting! You really followed through well like walking until u could eat what u wanted. I really admire you!
  • Carla1962Shaw2015
    Carla1962Shaw2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! I'm sure you are not only looking great but feeling better too! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You look so different and the stats don't lie either! Congrats to you to digging in and creating a solution!
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are doing so well. Well done and keep up the good work.
  • caguitare
    caguitare Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    So I started this journey back in November weighing in at 289.5lb, refusing to allow anyone to photograph me at that point. At that point I could hardly walk, (I have hypermobility syndrome), was on painkillers 4x a day, couldn't get out of the bath on my own, couldn't sit at tables with fixed chairs and could barely manage 3000 steps a day.

Rather than following any faddy diets, I decided that I would try simply eating less and moving more and so started tracking what I ate on here and bought myself a Fitbit to track activity. I refused to ban any food, instead saying to myself that as long as it was within my calorie allowance I could eat it and if it wasn't and I really wanted it I'd walk until it was.

By the 1st of January I was 32lb down and finally allowed my photo to be taken and decided to start creating a montage of progress pics, showing how my body changed. Starting with monthly pictures and then adding in pics when I hit one of my mini targets.

97fm1xuc55kx.jpg

Today I broke what was (to me at least) a big target and I am under 225lb for the first time in well over 4 years. ut2pxmt78nvf.jpg

Next target is 210lb which I hope to hit by the end of May, but in the meantime I've reduced my pain meds by half, can get in and out of the bath on my own, go to the gym 3-5 times a week, am on week 4 of C25K and walk 20000-30000 steps a day.

Such an I spiraling to those of us on a similar journey:)
  • caguitare
    Options
    caguitare wrote: »
    firef1y72 wrote: »

97fm1xuc55kx.jpg

Such an I spiraling to those of us on a similar journey:)

Inspiration*
  • caguitare
    Options
    I have been committed to getting the weight off since the new year but have to admit I am wavering trying to stay on track and looking to grow my MFP buddy list so if anyone is looking to have and to give a little motivation please friend me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!