Looking for a motivational buddy

Options
Hi I am yet again trying to start my weight loss journey and looking for people who I can help encourage and visa versa. I have over a 100 lbs to lose and weeks ago I brought clothes to go away with three sizes to small and I am going in about 4 weeks which I know is an impossible task but still going to try.

Replies

• katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I would love to encourage you on your way! What about swapping the clothes for ones that are one size too small so you have a reachable goal to focus on. Good luck
  • taffy83
    taffy83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you that is a great idea
  • katie22mfp
    Options
    I try my too small clothes on for motivation!
  • taffy83
    Options
    I have plenty of them. I find if my clothes are not tight I eat more
  • katie22mfp
    Options
    I agree that the constant feeling of them digging into me reminds me i can't afford to have that chocolate snack I may fancy!
  • katie22mfp
    Options
    I advise setting your self some realistic goals before your holiday happy to support you to meet them!
  • taffy83
    Options
    Thank you maybe stone by stone I will tackle it. How are you getting on?
  • katie22mfp
    Options
    That's a great idea!
    Not too bad! I ate out tonight so probably went over even though I had no starter desert acohol and filled up on salad.
  • thefortressofsolitude
    thefortressofsolitude Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Keep your goals realistic and attainable. Success will come much easier.
  • thefortressofsolitude
    thefortressofsolitude Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • missyshaffer82
    missyshaffer82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    taffy83 wrote: »
    Hi I am yet again trying to start my weight loss journey and looking for people who I can help encourage and visa versa. I have over a 100 lbs to lose and weeks ago I brought clothes to go away with three sizes to small and I am going in about 4 weeks which I know is an impossible task but still going to try.

I'm looking for encouragement as well I'm needing to loose at least 100 pounds! Add me!!!
  • misses_sims
    misses_sims Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I broke down crying this afternoon after putting on "mom shorts". Then everything else I tried was too tight. I freaked out my husband. I'm so frustrated. Not motivated enough to actually do something. I have NO support at home. I'm angry that my friends are having weight loss surgery, looking great and I'm still fat. Everyone says to love yourself. Well, I don't! I need something or someone to wake me up and get me going. I need to lose about 100lbs.
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Rather than keep buying clothes,why not buy a gold or silver chain that goes round your stomach, when it get tight it's time to diet!
  • katie22mfp
    Options
    I broke down crying this afternoon after putting on "mom shorts". Then everything else I tried was too tight. I freaked out my husband. I'm so frustrated. Not motivated enough to actually do something. I have NO support at home. I'm angry that my friends are having weight loss surgery, looking great and I'm still fat. Everyone says to love yourself. Well, I don't! I need something or someone to wake me up and get me going. I need to lose about 100lbs.

Don't be upset you are here to make a difference! I will certainly help and support you!
  • taffy83
    Options
    Thank you all. To have you all comment and share your journeys it's amazing.

Misses_Sims I know that feeling I am the fat friend and clothes shopping or even leaving the house really gets me down and then unhealthy food becomes our comfort. I would start by keeping a food diary of everything you have eaten for a week weigh it and log the information down it may shock you into doing something. To keep me motivated this week I am trying to drink more water and also when I am out the money I would of spent on my favourite snacks and meal out I brought myself a dress. You would be surprised how much money was spent on unhealthy food.

Missyshaffer82. I have sent you a request. It is exciting we will do this :)

Thefortessofs.... also sent you a request that is great advice I hope that when the scales say a little amount I will stay positive and on track being realistic.

Stephaniejane2 that is a great idea also if you could see your progress with the chain getting longer it will motivated.

Katie22mfp. Wow that is amazing you did fab to be able to say no to all three and fill up on salad. You are not giving yourself enough credit. You conquered a scary place for dieters, eating out when your unsure of cals etc and temptation everywhere you look. You did it and you won. The next time you know you can do this.

• CBak3r12
    CBak3r12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    FEEL FREE TO ADD ME ......... ALWAYS LOOKING FOR FRIENDS & MOTIVATION
  • JudithVerhappen
    JudithVerhappen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want! Always happy to motivate others and myself in the process!

For me, it really works to remind myself that every moment is a chance to choose a healthy, happy lifestyle. And that, to me, means that I eat healthy (but still choose foods I love), I enjoy the little things. To keep me motivated, it really helps to celebrate the small victories. I used to reward myself with food, but now, when I reach one of my goals (for example, I go down a pants-size) I get myself some new nailpolish. Bonusfeature of nailpolish: you can't snack on sweets with wet fingernails!

Also, being active doesn't mean that you have to exercise for 5 hours a day, when you used to only spend time on the couch.. It's the little things that make a BIG difference, like taking the stairs instead of an elevator, walk/cycle when going out running errands and bringing/getting stuff upstairs immediatly. (I use the upstairs bathroom when I'm downstairs just so I get a little moment of activity a few times a day)
  • taffy83
    Options
    Cbak3r12 thank you it is going to be a long journey for me :)

Judithverhappy I think I am going to try and make some little changes. Changing something each day. I would be really happy to your looking great well done..