Toe pain

Options
Has anyone dealt with toe and ball of foot pain while doing any form of cardio? It starts off tingly then goes numb then becomes painful. It's only one foot and I've changed sneakers a few times. I don't want to see a dr unless it's absolutely necessary.

Replies

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Is it your sesamoid bone (the ball of your big toe?) Mine was hurting a lot when I exercised and I finally got it checked out and it was a stress fracture. You should probably get it looked at.
  • lindsayannand
    lindsayannand Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's mainly my index toe and middle toe. I was hoping someone had an exercise or home remedy to help
  • itsalifestylenotadiet
    itsalifestylenotadiet Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    What ever you do, go to a foot doctor to have it checked out. I went to my regular doc for over a year with toe pain and she kept telling me it was a corn and to use corn medicine to remove the excess skin that was growing over it and it would go away. Well, I did what she said, turns out it was a bone spur and no amount of corn medicine was going to help that. She not taking xrays and me not questioning her, caused me to be disabled for the rest of my life. I walked 10 to 12 miles per day in my job and ended up not being able to take ten steps. The injury caused stress on my foot and my bones are all twisted now, I ended up with plantar fasciitis which even with surgery didn't completely correct. I was taken off work for one month in June of 2000, it has been an extremely long painful month. So please, with my experience do yourself a favor before you become disabled at the age of 37 like I did.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Honestly, numbness and tingling isn't really something that should have home remedies applied, especially if it's accompanied by pain. Tingles and numbness implies there's some kind of nerve involvement, which you should talk to a doc about, and likely get x-rayed or MRI'd to rule out fractures or nerve compression. Could be any number of things, but you won't find out without a doctor.
  • lindsayannand
    Options
    Alright alright looks like I'm going to have to see a dr
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Please go and see a doctor - I had a similar problem to that you are describing and now my middle toe has swollen up like a fat sausage, partially because I ignored the pain and carried on as usual, thinking that it was just that I needed new shoes. My doctor thinks that I have a Morton's neuroma (a swelling on the nerve that feeds that toe) and I am currently waiting for a consultant appointment which is taking forever with the NHS (England). It's more painful every day, so please get it looked at sooner rather than later.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yep sounds like Mortons Neuroma, I have the scar to prove that one!!! Do you get a feeling that you've got a pebble under your foot as well?
  • lindsayannand
    Options
    No no pebble feeling. Just numbness and extreme discomfort. I'm making an appt first thing tomm!
  • itsalifestylenotadiet
    itsalifestylenotadiet Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Were you able to get your foot checked out? How did you fare?