Any recommendations for fitness trackers?

Options
2»

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've owned two, the Vivofit (original), and currently have the Vivosmart HR. Main difference is the wrist-based heart rate monitor on the Vivosmart, which you have to charge. Vivofit you don't have to charge, and the battery lasted me 2+ years, and synced with my Garmin chest strap HR monitor really well. Never had to charge it, just wore it and didn't think about it (not waterproof, though, so did think about it there..) Downside to the Vivosmart is that the wrist-based HR monitor doesn't work well with most of the workouts I do, maybe because my heart rate is really high while working out (170's/180's), and hasn't been accurate with that. Resting or steady state cardio is accurate and does just fine, but it doesn't sync with my chest strap, which was something I knew before buying it. Eh, I just wear my chest strap anyway, doesn't bug me too much.

For a general tracker, I really liked my Vivofit. Super low maintenance and worked really well for basic steps and HR monitoring during workouts. Also seemed more accurate measuring distance than my HR, oddly. I'd totally recommend that one for a beginner, low-key activity tracker.
  • Allanro
    Allanro Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    It works and I dropped it in the toilet then peed on it and it still works.

Nice. lol
  • TheNewAdventuresofDanni
    Options
    I really like my vivofit. But I have two big problems with it.1) the band falls off a lot...annoyingly a lot. 2) the band gets super dirty...like disgustingly dirty. After a few weeks of wearing it this summer to see if I had gotten a tan line, I took it off and decided to clean it. I removed the actual step counter from the band and was horrified to in every nook and cranny was brown disgusting gunk. It took forever to clean out....I rinse mine in the shower every night now.
  • davepete57
    davepete57 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Vivoactive HR and love it. It is great for running as it maps your course tracks you splits, etc. It also is great for tracking regular workouts. As with all fitness trackers just make sure you take the calories burn with a grain of salt.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I have the Apple Watch and it works great for me. I've had a couple of Fitbits too, they were very good. Not sure I could do without the HRM now though.