How did you "play" with your food as a kid?

Options
CooCooPuff
CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
I was just eating some Cocoa Pebbles and remembered that I used to imagine the contents of the bowl as a crumbling ice cap.

During Looney Tunes, I would grab some Cheetos and pretend I was Bugs with some carrots.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I only ever recall "smoking" cheetos. And maybe pretending bugles were vampire fangs or super long finger nails.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I used to make mashed potato volcanoes with gravy lava, and sacrifice the pea people to the volcano gods. I would also name cuts of beef before they were cooked (Betty Beef, Robert Roast, Sam the Striploin).
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    * operate on pieces of orange. The patient has a tumor! Slice it open with a steak knife, remove seed.

* the frosting surface of a Pop Tart looks like the fault line during an earthquake if you push up and pull apart

* two Pringles together, facing oppositely in the mouth for a duck beak
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    pbprincess wrote: »
    I used to make mashed potato volcanoes with gravy lava, and sacrifice the pea people to the volcano gods. I would also name cuts of beef before they were cooked (Betty Beef, Robert Roast, Sam the Striploin).

My parents have been naming every turkey they've ever cooked for Christmas or Easter since about 1978. Every single one has been named Fred. We're up to about Fred XXXVII now.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Popcorn - I would "vacuum" it off the plate with my mouth. Yeah I was a fat kid.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Popcorn - I would "vacuum" it off the plate with my mouth. Yeah I was a fat kid.
    I did that at school once. The person in front of me gave me a disgusted look :(

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I used to pile up cauliflower florets to the side and pretend they were clouds, and the rest of the plate is "earth" then re-enact Care Bear episodes with other vegetables as characters. Then to justify eating them, apparently when care bears get old, they turn themselves into gummy bears then are reborn when children eat them.

I "extracted parasites" from the bellies of apples (the seeds), but unfortunately the apples always ended up dying and then eaten by cannibals (yep, I was a bit weird).

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I stuck fruity pebbles up my nose. Rainbow snot all day, erryday.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

My brother did that once with M&Ms
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Alluminati wrote: »

My brother did that once with M&Ms

Great minds think alike.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I used to rake over my mashed potatoes with my fork and make a garden. :D

I was a very picky eater and very boney child so I rarely even ate my food.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    * operate on pieces of orange. The patient has a tumor! Slice it open with a steak knife, remove seed.

* the frosting surface of a Pop Tart looks like the fault line during an earthquake if you push up and pull apart

* two Pringles together, facing oppositely in the mouth for a duck beak

I forgot about duck beaks!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    We played baseball with the captives before they were put into the soup
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    56ea040d05050aa1bc69ad7e30e7ef41.jpg
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I only ever recall "smoking" cheetos. And maybe pretending bugles were vampire fangs or super long finger nails.

Yah, the bugles thing. The first time I gave them to my kids they did the exact same thing. Also, drinking soda through a twizzler.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    mpat81 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »

Yah, the bugles thing. The first time I gave them to my kids they did the exact same thing. Also, drinking soda through a twizzler.
    You gotta do that with Sour Punch Candy Straws!

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I am so old I remember 'smoking' my candy cigarettes they use to sell.
    -Ate my 'red' smarties last - always
    -Ate only the middle of Oreos or cream filled cookies
    -Would not eat anything with noticeable butter on it
    -Strategically ate my Easter Bunny - First one ear (all of it had to be consumed-it was a commitment lol!)working my way down each day
    -Refused to eat hamburgers of any kind and would only want to eat a 'Whistle Dog' (A & W restaurant item) - A hot dog cut down the middle with cheese
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I played with my nuts a lot.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    during my years of growing.. like psychically.. I was also a serious competitive swimmer. I was burning such an insane amount of calories I couldnt bare to play with my food. I was just trying to shovel it down haha.