When there's no fruits or veggies

Options
twix529
twix529 Posts: 4 Member
Some times I run out of the fruits and veggies that are part of my diet ! What do I do den? And I can't go and get it right away!

Replies

• oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Find something else to eat. You don't need to live on fruit & veg alone - there are plenty of other healthy foods out there. It might also help to plan ahead so that you don't completely run out in between food-shopping trips.
  • twix529
    twix529 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What's ur diet plan?
  • RunWildYoungBeauty
    RunWildYoungBeauty Posts: 43 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hey Twix, I like to buy the store brand frozen fruits and make smoothies with them. I bought four bags for around $2.00 each, and I've still got a load of fruits left in the bags. I also bought an inexpensive single-serve blender for around $10.00, and it works like a charm. I'm squeezing in a ton of fruits that way, versus not blending them.

And also, nutrition shakes are amazing aswell.
  • duckforceone
    duckforceone Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    my diet mostly excludes fruits and veggies... it's easy enough when you just focus on protein, carbs and fats...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    oneoddsock wrote: »
    Find something else to eat. You don't need to live on fruit & veg alone - there are plenty of other healthy foods out there. It might also help to plan ahead so that you don't completely run out in between food-shopping trips.

This.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    That's when I eat pasta
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Try planning out your week (or however long you go between shopping trips). Having a rough idea of how much you plan to eat daily, and how many days, will help you know how much to get. Go for variety. Some fresh produce lasts longer than others - apples, for example, will stay good in the fridge for a couple of weeks, and winter squash can sit on the counter for close to a month, while asparagus needs to be used fairly quickly. So get some of each, and eat them according to that.

I also try to keep some canned fruit (in pear juice) and frozen vegetables on hand, besides my weekly purchasing, so that if I do run out of the fresh stuff, I have some things to fall back on. Of course, frozen vegetables are generally just as good for you as fresh, so you can have that part of your regular diet. But if you keep some as an "emergency stash" (and rotate, so that you are eating the oldest and stashing the newer) then you have less worry if you do run out.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Wine is a fruit. Drink wine.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I can't eat most fruits and veggies for medical reasons and am I am not fat and not dead ;)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I agree with the buying frozen. I buy the big bags at walmart and keep them as backup when I run out of fresh or its during the colder months when berries and things like that arent in season
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'd eat something else or just make sure to buy more veggies and fruit in bulk if you know you are running out...
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    twix529 wrote: »
    Some times I run out of the fruits and veggies that are part of my diet ! What do I do den? And I can't go and get it right away!

I have powders called super greens and super reds in my cupboard.
    Whenever I'm out of fruits or veg, I chug this stuff down and it does the job.
    Sometimes I have them in the mornings when I don't feel like eating my oats and whey.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    twix529 wrote: »

I have powders called super greens and super reds in my cupboard.
    Whenever I'm out of fruits or veg, I chug this stuff down and it does the job.
    Sometimes I have them in the mornings when I don't feel like eating my oats and whey.

I couldnt even gag this stuff down(I received samples)
  • fredpdx
    fredpdx Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Keep a few cans of fruit cocktail, apple sauce, pears or whatever in the cupboard "just in case". It's not as good as fresh, but it's still fruit. Same with veggies.