I haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks!?

Options
I have had slip ups, however I set my calorie goal up so that I can afford the slip ups. I haven't been building
That much muscle either, and I've been adjusting my calories when I had lost weight so I don't understand what's wrong. I don't have a 100% accurate scale because it has been showing me at 138 for weeks while I was weighed at the doctor and saw 138 but after I had eaten breakfast and drank water that morning. I honestly don't know how I haven't lost the slightest bit of weight. I've lost 42-43 pounds in the course of a year and I'm only a few pounds from my goal so what can I do to finally reach it? Ps. I know 138 isn't a lot but I'm not in the best shape/place I could be with my weight and would like to get just a few pounds down. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• lancehietpas
    lancehietpas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to just lose a few more pounds or are you trying to look fit? What is your activity like? I would maybe add more activity to lose the few extra pounds.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    If you think there's something wrong with your scale, change the battery. If it's still acting up, get a new scale.

But, having said that.....you look quite slim. I imagine you're very near your goal. As you get closer to your goal weight, the pounds will come off much more slowly. I don' think staying at the same weight for three weeks is anything to be concerned about.

Your diary is not open, so I don't know what your logging is like, but when you're close to goal, there's little room for error. Make sure you are weighing everything and logging every bite. Even if you never weighed your food before, you may have to do it now.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    If you know your scale is inaccurate, then why are you even trusting your scale? :smile:
    You said you set your calorie goal to adjust for slip ups, what is your calorie goal? When you have a 'slip up' are you just going no holds bar calorie fest, or you're eating a couple hundred calories over what you should be?
    Are you measuring yourself, or have you seen any changes in the fit of your clothing? Since your scale is not to be trusted, those would likely be more accurate guides.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    The closer you are to goal, the more little things in your diet matter. You have to be very diligent. Those last 5 to 10 lbs are a *kitten*.

Yep. I was at 138 for quite a while and had to give up a few things, like allowing for those "slip ups" which always end up to be more than I expected.

I quit the "slip ups" a few weeks ago and the pounds have started to move. Slowly, but they're moving. Now I'm at 135.

The closer you get the more accurate and exacting you have to be.
  • richiemarez
    richiemarez Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i havnt lost weight in a month but now i just got rid of a bag full of clothes cause am a size smaller in pants and shirts
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I have had slip ups, however I set my calorie goal up so that I can afford the slip ups. I haven't been building
    That much muscle either, and I've been adjusting my calories when I had lost weight so I don't understand what's wrong. I don't have a 100% accurate scale because it has been showing me at 138 for weeks while I was weighed at the doctor and saw 138 but after I had eaten breakfast and drank water that morning. I honestly don't know how I haven't lost the slightest bit of weight. I've lost 42-43 pounds in the course of a year and I'm only a few pounds from my goal so what can I do to finally reach it? Ps. I know 138 isn't a lot but I'm not in the best shape/place I could be with my weight and would like to get just a few pounds down. Thanks for your help!

if you are in a deficit you wont see much if any muscle. you can gain whats called newbie gains on a deficit but it slows down and it wont be enough to make a difference in the scale.muscle is made through a surplus. weigh fluctuates as well and the best time to way is the same time every day,preferably in the am,after you have used the bathroom and before you have breakfast,either naked or in your bra and panties.Its a slower weight loss the closer you get to goal(or a healthier weight).one slip up can cost you your whole deficit if you dont weigh and log food properly. you also dont say how tall you are so your weight may be at a healthy weight, if you have some fat and flab you can always eat at maintenance and do whats called a recomp(find a progressive lifting program and follow that). A recomp is really really slow but can change how your body looks.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted your calorie goal to reflect your new size?

Additionally, with varied eating, i.e. slip ups, water weight will cause some significant obstruction to your scale. Example: losing 1 pound of fat, but eating a bit extra the day before weigh in and retaining an extra 1 pound of water to process is means the scale doesn't move.

Now lets factor in the fact its been 3 weeks... aunt flow should be somewhere... hormones will cause some fabulous things with extra blood generation and water retention... which will also affect the scale.

Bottom line: hunker down, get your eating back in line (no more slip ups for 2 weeks), recalculate your calorie goals, and wait at least a week after your next menstrual cycle.