what is the best book for sugar addiction?

Options
Looking for your recommendations for a good book on sugar addiction. Amazon has tons, don't know where to start. My meals are healthy. I don't eat fatty foods, or drink much, no fast food or chips,etc. but I constantly give in to the sugar urge.

Looking for a book that will help me change my mindset from thinking sugar is so wonderful.
THANKS in advance

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Sugar is wonderful. It gives me energy and tastes good.
  • Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You could watch "That Sugar Film." I believe there is also a book outlining the same issues with sugar.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Brelynn wrote: »
    You could watch "That Sugar Film." I believe there is also a book outlining the same issues with sugar.

That's a propaganda film which contains inaccurate information
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    gogigi333 wrote: »
    Looking for your recommendations for a good book on sugar addiction. Amazon has tons, don't know where to start. My meals are healthy. I don't eat fatty foods, or drink much, no fast food or chips,etc. but I constantly give in to the sugar urge.

Looking for a book that will help me change my mindset from thinking sugar is so wonderful.
    THANKS in advance

Are you sure you are "addicted" to sugar ?

I often give in to deep fried stuff, and that does not mean I'm addicted to oil or batter. Maybe you just enjoy sweets very very much, like so many do, and find it harder to resist them than the other food types.

Anyway, be careful before concluding that it's an addiction, especially if it is not properly diagnosed. You may come to think that it is impossible to resist sugar once you have a single bite, and use it as an "excuse", consciously or not.