Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    MFP suggests 1200 - eat 1200. Easy.
  • eluiesita
    eluiesita Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    And you might also like to read the MFP FAQs - they explain that the MFP calorie allowance doesn't take physcial activity into account. If you eat the amount recommended, you should lose weight even if you don't exercise.

Aw really? thanks for the info Rubyelle, i didnt really know that.. Glad I got myself into MyFitnessPal.com to gather informations for my Healthy Diet Program.. Super appreciate all the comments guys
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You're welcome, I get worried when I see people setting out to eat so little - it will only end in tears and you won't be healthy!
  • eluiesita
    Options
    Please, please, please see a doctor to help you with your weight loss. We want to see many more posts from you, and I'm afraid you'll get sick from eating way too little. Take good care of yourself--you deserve the best, healthiest body possible.

Yeah and im really thankful for my decision to be active here in MyFitnessPal cause it provides me with a lot of healthy tips for my diet program thanks
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    you don't need to divide it. mfp already assumes that we don't exercise (most of us wouldn't have needed this site if we did) and deducts an ammount of calories to enable us to loose weight, stick to what the site tells you and you won't go wrong.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Not in a week, that's for the 600 cal I mentioned is actually for 1 day :)
    How much calories should I take per day? to lose 30 lbs in at least 2 months?

yeah thats right mfp gaves me 1200 cal per day, and i divided it in 2 cause i dont have physical workout, that's how i got the 600 cal per day

why do you divide it? just because you don't do any physical activity? I sit at a computer all day. I am 5' tall and have about 20lbs to lose. My BMR - ie. the amount of calories my body needs IF I WAS SLEEPING ALL DAY is 1252 (according to MFP) calories. That is the minimum amount of calories my body needs just to function.

Add in being awake, getting up going to the loo etc means I need to multiply that figure by 1.2 - this gives me 1502 calories which is the amount of calories I need to consume if I want to remain my current weight. If I want to lose weight, to do this healthily I need to eat somewhere between 1502 calories and my 'minimum' of 1252.

Have a look at what MFP says your BMR is, and use the site to give you recommendations on how many calories to eat. If you do not have too many lbs to lose (and 30lbs isn't that many) then don't set your goal loss too high. I would actually recommend a loss of 0.5lbs a week, 1lb a week maximum. Do that and it will come off safely.

use the tools around the site - that's what they are there for.
  • eluiesita
    Options
    you don't need to divide it. mfp already assumes that we don't exercise (most of us wouldn't have needed this site if we did) and deducts an ammount of calories to enable us to loose weight, stick to what the site tells you and you won't go wrong.

yeah now i know that, with all the help of members here in mfp. thanks keep in touch
  • eluiesita
    Options

yeah thats right mfp gaves me 1200 cal per day, and i divided it in 2 cause i dont have physical workout, that's how i got the 600 cal per day

why do you divide it? just because you don't do any physical activity? I sit at a computer all day. I am 5' tall and have about 20lbs to lose. My BMR - ie. the amount of calories my body needs IF I WAS SLEEPING ALL DAY is 1252 (according to MFP) calories. That is the minimum amount of calories my body needs just to function.

Add in being awake, getting up going to the loo etc means I need to multiply that figure by 1.2 - this gives me 1502 calories which is the amount of calories I need to consume if I want to remain my current weight. If I want to lose weight, to do this healthily I need to eat somewhere between 1502 calories and my 'minimum' of 1252.

Have a look at what MFP says your BMR is, and use the site to give you recommendations on how many calories to eat. If you do not have too many lbs to lose (and 30lbs isn't that many) then don't set your goal loss too high. I would actually recommend a loss of 0.5lbs a week, 1lb a week maximum. Do that and it will come off safely.

really? cause i am currently targetting, 5 lbs a week to get my desired weight in at least 2 months.. anyway i am just starting this week with this program :-)
  • npuente
    npuente Posts: 2
    Options
    eluiesita......have you checked out Michelle Heaton and Hugh Hanleys fitness and nutrition page on facebook? They are always on hand to give advice and regularly post yummy recipes which are low in calories but still balanced nutritious meals. I have found their plan the easiest to stick to out of all I have tried. I have posted the link below. Good Luck!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michelle-Heaton-Hugh-Hanley-Fitness-and-Nutrition/182471688477155
  • eluiesita
    Options
    eluiesita......have you checked out Michelle Heaton and Hugh Hanleys fitness and nutrition page on facebook? They are always on hand to give advice and regularly post yummy recipes which are low in calories but still balanced nutritious meals. I have found their plan the easiest to stick to out of all I have tried. I have posted the link below. Good Luck!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michelle-Heaton-Hugh-Hanley-Fitness-and-Nutrition/182471688477155

Thanks a lot, I am really gathering all the informations i may need this week for my diet program..
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

really? cause i am currently targetting, 5 lbs a week to get my desired weight in at least 2 months.. anyway i am just starting this week with this program :-)
    [/quote]

5lb / week is an incredibly high amount to try to lose. Mostly on here people set out to lose 1lb/week or 2lb if they have a lot to lose. I started off trying to lose 1lb a week but struggled, since I reduced it to 1/2lb/week it's been much more achievable.

That amount of loss might be what you see in the 1st week or so of dieting, as your body adjusts to what you're putting in it, once it does, it learns to hold onto what you're giving it, and then the weight loss slows down, so if when you started, you lost 4-5lb in a week and thought "hey, this is great, look what I can lose when I try, I'll make that my goal" then you're setting yourself up to be disappointed! (without going into health issues!)

600 calories is less than 1/3 of a woman's daily allowance. Too little!
  • saveeggscracksmiles
    Options
    600 calories a day? That is definetly unhealthy. You should eat around 1200 calories a day.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options

Trying to lose 5 a week is way to unhealthy, just lose it slow and it would be better plus if you do lose that much it will Probly from muscles
  • eluiesita
    Options

[/quote]

5lb / week is an incredibly high amount to try to lose. Mostly on here people set out to lose 1lb/week or 2lb if they have a lot to lose. I started off trying to lose 1lb a week but struggled, since I reduced it to 1/2lb/week it's been much more achievable.

That amount of loss might be what you see in the 1st week or so of dieting, as your body adjusts to what you're putting in it, once it does, it learns to hold onto what you're giving it, and then the weight loss slows down, so if when you started, you lost 4-5lb in a week and thought "hey, this is great, look what I can lose when I try, I'll make that my goal" then you're setting yourself up to be disappointed! (without going into health issues!)

600 calories is less than 1/3 of a woman's daily allowance. Too little!
    [/quote]

I just thought of the 5 lbs a week cause I saw in Biggest Loser that they can manage to lose up to 20 lbs in a week :-) and they are much bigger than I am, I think im just desperate to lose weight
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I just thought of the 5 lbs a week cause I saw in Biggest Loser that they can manage to lose up to 20 lbs in a week :-) and they are much bigger than I am, I think im just desperate to lose weight

well, they are, in your own words, much bigger than you. So they will lose differently. The more you have to lose, the faster you will lose it initially.

The less you have to lose - and that includes you and me, the slower this will come off, because the body has to work just that bit harder. Don't think about it as losing weight, but about being healthier and more active. stick at half a lb a week and you are more likely to stick at it and keep the weight off.
  • eluiesita
    Options

well, they are, in your own words, much bigger than you. So they will lose differently. The more you have to lose, the faster you will lose it initially.

The less you have to lose - and that includes you and me, the slower this will come off, because the body has to work just that bit harder. Don't think about it as losing weight, but about being healthier and more active. stick at half a lb a week and you are more likely to stick at it and keep the weight off.

yeah thanks, i am trying to rearrange my program now.. :-)
  • inn0c3ntbbygrlx3
    Options
    cause i dont have any physical activity, 5 days a week, 9 hours a day i sit in front of my laptop to work.. i dont sweat at all.. that's why i limit me self to 600 cal per day, i thought it would be fine cause i just sit most of my time. :-)

i have a sit down job as well, but i normally eat 1200 cals a day and i still lose weight, i would recommend atleast 1200 and youll still lose the weight cause if your eating below that youll go into starvation mode and not lose at all