Fast food cave in

Options
Well I have went one month dodging the golden arches and today at lunch I caved. I had a fish sandwich and small fry. I logged everything and I still have 450 calories for dinner. Why then do I feel as though I failed myself today?

Replies

• DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    because you have negative feelings attached to food. Seems like it fit into your cals alright. You may see a temporary jump on the scale from the sodium, but it will pass.

Did it taste good? Was it yummy in the tummy? :)
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    No idea. I love McDonalds and eat it often. You should feel great about hitting your calorie goals.

Steak bagels available all day is devious.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    If you are going to eat at MC Donalds one good way to cut calories is no bun nothing fried a plain hamburger no bun is your best option or one of there salads no dressing. However you did good
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Food is food.
  • Hollisg429
    Hollisg429 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I think it is the stigma connected to the whole "fast food". And yes, it was really yummy!!! Maybe not as good as the 20 pound loss I have going, but yes it was good. :)
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I eat Taco Bell sometimes because the heart wants what it wants. As long as you're within your calorie goals, don't beat yourself up! Enjoy.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I'd do your best to acknowledge that maybe you'd like to make a healthier choice next time, but that you counted it and logged it and will still be under your goal for today.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't consider this as a failure. There's nothing wrong with enjoying your Cravings once in awhile. The trick is not to get into the habit of doing it a couple times a week.

If you approach this as a lifestyle change instead of a diet you'll succeed. Diets have a negative connotation you sacrifice and you have to give up things and most people when they go on a diet they're miserable.

Look at this from a long-term perspective. One McDonald's hamburger over the course of a few weeks isn't going to blow your goals.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Hollisg429 wrote: »
    Well I have went one month dodging the golden arches and today at lunch I caved. I had a fish sandwich and small fry. I logged everything and I still have 450 calories for dinner. Why then do I feel as though I failed myself today?

Sounds like a win to me.

Remember... you are human. It is okay to enjoy some "junk food" from time to time as long as it fits in your calorie budget. Losing weight does and should not have to mean giving up food you enjoy.

• Sandee_Bee
    Sandee_Bee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You're within your calories, well done!
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Err... you are picking up a different eating issue now. Not at all uncommon.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you are going to eat at MC Donalds one good way to cut calories is no bun nothing fried a plain hamburger no bun is your best option or one of there salads no dressing. However you did good
    Salad without dressing is ...no, just...no.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I think it is the stigma connected to the whole "fast food". And yes, it was really yummy!!! Maybe not as good as the 20 pound loss I have going, but yes it was good. :)

You answered your own question - you feel like you violated your food ethics.

What helps me not eat fast food is to learn about the ingredients, process, and how the animals were treated prior to slaughter. When I think about this when I'm tempted I invariably decide to just make myself something at home.