What type of exercise good for thighs & butt

Options
I weigh 135.8lbs but some of my body parts I don't like about it. I go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week.. & some how I can't lose my stomach . My thighs is big not big big. I want to tone it, but it's difficult can someone help me more exercise I can do

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Do the following:

(1) Set a reasonable calorie goal that targets no more than about a pound a week of weight loss. Be consistent and stick with it. This works but it takes time and no you won't see a reduction in your scale weight every day. It will take weeks to see the trend line because water weight fluctuations will have the scale move up and down. Be patient.

(2) Look at a variety of strength training programs and find one you like. Weight lifting is an excellent way to build the body you are looking for, but you can also do this with body weight training. I would suggest looking at Starting Strength, Stronglifts, and Strong Curves to start.

(3) Make sure you are getting about 0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight and about 0.35 grams of fat per pound of body weight. Fill the remaining calories with carbs or more fat and/or protein. Just don't go too low on carbs as they are your body's primary energy source.

(4) Focus your diet on lean meats, fish, vegetables, legumes, dairy, eggs, fruits, and nuts. This will make it easier to hit your calorie and macronutrient goals while also getting enough micronutrients. Potatos, rice, bread, and other high calorie carbs will not cause a problem if they fit into your calorie and macro goals but they are generally not as satiating per calorie as the foods in the first sentence.
  • SarahPeters3
    SarahPeters3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Eat less if you can't get rid of your stomach that's all fat so a deficit will get rid of it.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges, babe. Squats. And lunges.
  • Just_Jon
    Just_Jon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    (3) Make sure you are getting about 0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight and about 0.35 grams of fat per pound of body weight. Fill the remaining calories with carbs or more fat and/or protein. Just don't go too low on carbs as they are your body's primary energy source.

I see this target value (0.8 grams) all over the web, but mostly it is per kg of body weight.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just_Jon wrote: »

I see this target value (0.8 grams) all over the web, but mostly it is per kg of body weight.

That would be incorrect. Take another look or search "protein" on here. It's per pound.

ETA: A common and popular site discussing it here: http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Of course, the 0.8 per pound of body weight is a general rule of thumb. I quote from the following article: "Protein needs for energy-restricted resistance-trained athletes are likely 2.3-3.1g/kg of FFM scaled upwards with severity of caloric restriction and leanness." "FFM" is defined as fat free mass in the article. So, this is suggesting anywhere from just a bit more to much more than the 0.8 grams per pound of bodyweight in a cut.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24092765/

The point though is to not go into this level of detail for someone just starting out. It's better to keep it simple and just go with the 0.8 grams per pound of body weight unless and until the person significantly advances.
  • hollypopp10
    hollypopp10 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Look up the butt bible on you tube. It's great!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    You can't spot target fat loss. You're just going to have to cut calories and wait until your body decides to lose fat in those places.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Look up the butt bible on you tube. It's great!

Oooooh! Yay! I've looked for the books online, but I didn't know it was on YouTube! Thanks a million!!!
  • TiffanyRodriguez13
    TiffanyRodriguez13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cool........ many sites.
    Hey, add one more thing. Just don't drink directly after your meal. Wait for 30-45 mins and then have the glass of water. Your stomach have to get in.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Cool........ many sites.
    Hey, add one more thing. Just don't drink directly after your meal. Wait for 30-45 mins and then have the glass of water. Your stomach have to get in.
    Huh?
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    Cool........ many sites.

That makes no sense what so ever.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Patent-Trolls-The-Hobbit-Wikimedia-Commons-1024x576.jpg
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    What u mean doesn't make sense . What are u talking about girl.

Just what I said. There is no logical or medical reason for them to tell someone to wait for 30-45 minutes to have a glass of water after eating. If anything, it's sometimes suggested to have a glass of water right as you start eating to help you feel fuller more quickly. Granted, I'm not even sure why this was mentioned in a thread asking about exercises for certain areas of the body. And
    Your stomach have to get in.
    isn't even a complete sentence. What does that even mean?

Why are you asking me to explain why it doesn't make sense? How do you think that it does make sense?
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Cool........ many sites.

Are you saying that you should skip water after a meal... because it'll cause your stomach to suck in since it's not full of water?

That makes no sense. There's no right or wrong time to drink water during a meal. Stop giving people false or bad information.