Life after losing my mother

Options
My mother suddenly died 5 months ago, and two months ago her brother, my uncle, was murdered. It has been hard enough trying to accept that my mother is gone but my uncle too?? To put it nicely i didn't give a crap what i was putting in my body. I started drinking a lot and felt the weight but i didn't give a crap. All i knew was my mother left me and i didn't care. I pulled a muscle in my lower back a couple days before my Uncle passed and i just felt like i was in hell. I thought there was no way i would be happy again. Little by little i getting out of that funk. It is hard but i am truly trying. I want to be healthy for her and MYSELF. IT IS TIME TO PUT MY FOOT DOWN and beat obesity with a stick!! I am DESPERATE for new friends and motivation!!! I lost almost 70 lbs on this site 4 years ago with the help and support of people. I know for a fact i can do it again!!! I hope to meet some of you guys really soon!!

Replies

• fitnesscat78
    fitnesscat78 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your losses I'm hear for you I need to lose 75 pounds and also start getting to like myself again please feel free to add me as a friend
  • Vickilick
    Vickilick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your mum and uncle. I lost one of my parents just over 2 years ago and I think the fact that it also happened suddenly made it harder to deal with.
    Everyone grieves differently but I hope now that you're 5 months down the line everything is getting a little easier although I bet everything still feels very strange :(
    Time is the best healer, so just keep in mind that every day you get through, the better you will feel.
    I love that you're strong enough to be able to share this story online and wish you all the best on your journey :)
  • johnARLING
    johnARLING Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So Sorry to hear of your losses. I can so identify. My Dad passed away last May. so far its been a tough month with Mothers day and no one to honor. * * * Happy Belated Mothers Day to Everyone :D * * * I'm all in to be a friend and have new friends. Keep sharing and allowing us to encourage each other. Bold move to be transparent - Kudos! One of the first steps in healing....