Help me find a good cracker

Options
RredSonja
RredSonja Posts: 307 Member
I'm having trouble getting enough carbs. My body reacts very poorly to "fast" processed carbs, so I avoid breads cereals rice, etc. I know I need to work in more vegetables, and I'm working on that, but does anyone know of a whole grain low glycemic index high fiber no hydrogenated fats cracker that tastes fairly good?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Do you have a sprouts market near you? They have a great pumpernickel rye cracker that I love.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Look into crispbread. Crackers sounds like biscuits which are basically cookies.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You'd have to look into the specifics on these, but trader joes multigrain crackers, in green and white box. Ak maks.
    Look into crispbread. Crackers sounds like biscuits which are basically cookies.

Crackers are crackers, cookies are cookies. How did you turn a cracker into a cookie?
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Back to nature brand (Amazon has them) might have some options
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it meets all of your specifications, but I enjoy Crunchmaster 5-seed crackers, and wheat thins.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Google: Good high carb foods
    Things like lentils, quinoa, barley, beans, sweet potatoes.
    Crackers will not be your best source for carbs if your goal is to increase carbs.
    Some in stores still contain trans fats.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Make your own baked Mathris. They are a staple in northern India and are made from just a few ingredients. Very easy in the oven. I like them with pickles. Just Google baked Mathri
  • AvrilC1971
    AvrilC1971 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have you ever thought of making your own? It's very easy... http://www.bite.co.nz/recipe/11727/Seed-crackers-gluten-and-dairy-free/
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm having trouble getting enough carbs. My body reacts very poorly to "fast" processed carbs, so I avoid breads cereals rice, etc. I know I need to work in more vegetables, and I'm working on that, but does anyone know of a whole grain low glycemic index high fiber no hydrogenated fats cracker that tastes fairly good?

I think if you go on one of the paleo sites you will find a variety of low carb crackers made with flaxseed, low carb flours, etc. This website might get you started: http://www.julianbakery.com
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I just noticed you aren't trying to find low carb cracker. I like Mary's Gone Crackers. Delish!
  • RredSonja
    Options
    Thanks for all the information and suggestions, very helpful everyone!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I like crunch master artisan 4 cheese rice crackers. Costco has them and I'm sure others.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm never sure what processed means but can't you just bake your own bread? Or your own crackers? Keep any extra in the freezer and pull out when desired.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Some rice cakes or something maybe?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

If you are avoiding the bolded and depending on the area in which you live this list could get interesting.

I live in Canada and prefer wheat thins or triscut crackers.

I eat toppables too but I suspect you wouldn't want those as they are buttery and not grainy at all.

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Mary's Gone Crackers do have brown rice and quinoa in them, but they're my favorite cracker.
  • krishnap1104
    krishnap1104 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What do you eat the crackers with?
  • RredSonja
    Options

I'm looking for something on which to put tuna salad, egg salad, vegis, cheese spread, and stuff like that.

To clarify; I'm not anti grain or anti carbs or anything, I just do better with small amounts of whole grain. Instead of sandwich bread or a serving of rice, I think I'd do better with a small healthy cracker under a towering pile of protein and healthy fat, so I can use the majority of my carb calories on vegis.

My husband used to joke that chips are just a delivery system for dip. That's kind of the concept I'm after here, only a healthy version. I need a low profile delivery system for my protein and healthy fats.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

I'm looking for something on which to put tuna salad, egg salad, vegis, cheese spread, and stuff like that.

To clarify; I'm not anti grain or anti carbs or anything, I just do better with small amounts of whole grain. Instead of sandwich bread or a serving of rice, I think I'd do better with a small healthy cracker under a towering pile of protein and healthy fat, so I can use the majority of my carb calories on vegis.

My husband used to joke that chips are just a delivery system for dip. That's kind of the concept I'm after here, only a healthy version. I need a low profile delivery system for my protein and healthy fats.

Instead of crackers, try spreading these on celery sticks. You can't beat that crunch! :)
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Wasa makes a bunch of different crackers that have different grains and amounts of carbs and some have a decent amount of fiber. You might want to check them out.