How to get motivated and stay motivated? ;)

Options
Want to do this very determined but need help to stay motivated

Replies

• rnrjohns
    rnrjohns Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    friend me. results keep me going and groups like this one have many challenges to help http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109303-lose-1-pound-a-week-2016
  • VAnneBee
    VAnneBee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The progress journey is a long one. Personally mine has had a lot of ups and downs - keeping health front and center everyday is a challenge. Best thing to do is make friends who also live healthy life styles - so you can be around people with good habits while you're still developing your own.
  • takecontrolofme
    takecontrolofme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need help too. Have started this multiple times and never stick with it. I find it very hard unless Im eating the same thing every day. I would love ideas of what others eat each day. I do not do protein powder or processed meals and am gluten free.
  • talented95tanya122
    talented95tanya122 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody :) now for an easy question I have no clue how to add anyone ! Lol
  • DennisA70
    DennisA70 Posts: 115 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Go to the profile of the person you want to add and then press the "Add As Friend" button.
  • shank35l
    shank35l Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I Watch an episode about the holy crap level of obese people and then say to yourself, this isn't going to be me. I also look at my patients here who are mostly Obese, in their 50s-70s, and are like the walking dead. Makes me want to run to the gym daily.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I like to go to success stories and look at the before/after pictures. Can I friend some of you too?
  • 22Brentwoodgirl
    22Brentwoodgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I too check out the success stories. Very inspirational!
    Also, I learned that you start something due to motivation and stick with it due to routine. Good luck.
  • talented95tanya122
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice everyone ! I just need to stay on my grind I think this app really helps for those days you don't feel motivated there will always be people to support thanks ❤️
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Want to do this very determined but need help to stay motivated

It's a daily journey. Just take it day by day and gradually you will begin to see results. The key is staying on track and measuring/weighing all your food. Drink plenty of water. Get in some exercise if you are able to.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    shank35l wrote: »
    I Watch an episode about the holy crap level of obese people and then say to yourself, this isn't going to be me. I also look at my patients here who are mostly Obese, in their 50s-70s, and are like the walking dead. Makes me want to run to the gym daily.

I agree. I work with the elderly and a lot of them are obese. I'm only 125 and have to help lift and move these people around on a daily basis. It's really eye opening to those of us who work with the overweight/obese and have to lift them and help take care of them. We see how we don't want to live our last years of life in such a way, or at least I do. I also don't want to be a burden to a caregiver if I were to ever get to where I need to live in a way that someone has to assist me daily. The smaller in weight a person is the easier it is to care for them.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Motivation is an ever fleeting emotion...nobody is 100% motivated all of the time...that's a completely unrealistic expectation. What is necessary is discipline...discipline leads to consistency and consistency is what ultimately wins the day...take the emotion out of it.

We all do things every single day for which we aren't motivated...I'm rarely motivated to mow the lawn or do the dishes or vacuum the house...but these things need doing or else my house would fall apart and generally just look like crap...your body is your house...take care of the friggin house....

^^^ VERY WELL STATED!!!
  • Viggyfuss
    Viggyfuss Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    starting over, could also give and take some motivation :)
  • talented95tanya122
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Motivation is an ever fleeting emotion...nobody is 100% motivated all of the time...that's a completely unrealistic expectation. What is necessary is discipline...discipline leads to consistency and consistency is what ultimately wins the day...take the emotion out of it.

We all do things every single day for which we aren't motivated...I'm rarely motivated to mow the lawn or do the dishes or vacuum the house...but these things need doing or else my house would fall apart and generally just look like crap...your body is your house...take care of the friggin house....

Well said thank you :)

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Since there have been a lot of great posts already, I'll go with brevity: fake it until you make it.
  • jonmcooke79
    jonmcooke79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fake it until you become it.
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    If I lose motivation, I talk to myself and get her back.