I want to wear a bikini damn it!

Options
BeSummerShine
BeSummerShine Posts: 59 Member
kln6sydqp21f.jpg

This is me. And ME, wants to wear a bikini this summer. I know I am far from "fat" but I am too insecure to rock that 2 piece. Since having my daughter, 3 years ago, I have this belly pouch that I have just recently started to work on.
Anyone else have this problem?
Any tips for a confidence booster?!

Replies

• fourmartinkids
    fourmartinkids Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Girl I hear ya ! I have 4 kids. I was at beach last weekend and TRUST ME there are ppl that don't need to be wearing a bikini BUT THEY DO !
    So- just do it !
    You are gorgeous and will feel better about it the more you wear it.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    ahh, this is so me! i am going to be 40 in june, going to the bahamas to celebrate and determined to wear one. i did buy one where the bottoms come up a little higher so as to hide my mommy pouch that is not going to go away in the next month :smile:

you look awesome - i wouldn't even think twice about it if i had your midsection! and i agree with above poster, i was at the beach last year in my tankini looking around at all the moms in bikinis with middles just like mine. so i will (hopefully) have the courage to be rocking mine in a couple weeks!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Wear what you want to wear.
  • angpowers
    angpowers Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ^^^Agreed!

Give yourself that pep-talk ... THEN PUT THE DAMN THING ON AND WEAR IT!!

And wear it PROUDLY!
    Where is that self-loving, cheeky girl in the profile picture?

And furthermore, let your 3 year-old SEE her mama rock confidence and beauty. After all, I know you want her to feel that way for herself -- so let her see it first hand from the one that teaches her the most!!

Trust me, you will look FABULOUS in it!!!!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    You may not have the confidence but I don't think anyone will mind seeing you in a 2 piece.... except some jealous wives and girlfriends.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Something that made me feel better was getting a tan - everything looks so much better when you have a tan - fake or otherwise. Or get a nice pedicure? Distract yourself from the things you're insecure about by highlighting the things you like about yourself! Always works for me :)
  • jammer1963
    jammer1963 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    beccabahl7 wrote: »
    kln6sydqp21f.jpg

This is me. And ME, wants to wear a bikini this summer. I know I am far from "fat" but I am too insecure to rock that 2 piece. Since having my daughter, 3 years ago, I have this belly pouch that I have just recently started to work on.
    Anyone else have this problem?
    Any tips for a confidence booster?!

You look great, rock that bikini! :)
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Read this. (And I mean, read it. Don't just assume you know what it says. :) )

http://mic.com/articles/89705/there-s-a-new-chart-on-getting-a-bikini-body-that-every-woman-needs-to-see
  • BeSummerShine
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the kind and encouraging words. I think I'm just going to do it and hopefully my confidence will build the more I wear it. And after I get a nice tan, as suggested!
  • tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You'd look great in a bikini... If you need baby steps do a monokini...they're so cute and they have the perfect balance of sexy without showing everything! I think I might get one
  • tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    wif3loemnd7q.png

Look how cute!!
  • MrsUptonOgood
    MrsUptonOgood Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I wear mine and I'm 46! And you look a lot better than me so go for it!!!
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    find one that flatters by emphasizing the parts you like about yourself and fits (don't get hung up on size as swimsuits do not correlate to clothes)
  • BeSummerShine
    Options
    Awesome article, it gives a good perspective.

And those swimming suits are kick *kitten*! I think I might have to find me one!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Love your attitude! Wear that bikini and be proud! :smile: You look great!!

I agree about having a bit of a tan. Jergen's has a moisturizer that gives you gradual color. It's just enough where it gives you a little bit of color without being orange. I used some this week since its shorts weather now. Plus, I am over 40 now and don't like to sunbath as much as I used too....trying to minimize the wrinkles. :smiley:
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Looks like you have a slim waist and muscular quads and arms.

Heck, if I saw you in a 2-piece I'd be wishing I had a biscuit to go with it. Go on, honey!

(damn, I wish I was an old southern man sometimes.)

• BeSummerShine
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions.

And for the compliment
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I want to wear a bikini too. I definitely have the moobs for it.
  • BeSummerShine
    Options
    Lmao, rock it guys!