Help

Options
I'm like 4 days into this calorie count trying to eat better thing & the past 2 days have been nightmares on the craving, eating & feeling bad about myself for for eating so much. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Replies

• billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    how many cals you eating? i started low carb eating and have no cravings, am not hungry and am losing. look into it
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Zadviv2 wrote: »
    I'm like 4 days into this calorie count trying to eat better thing & the past 2 days have been nightmares on the craving, eating & feeling bad about myself for for eating so much. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Think in terms of lifestyle changes. Don't try to change everything at once. Don't try to go too low in calories. Don't eliminate large groups of food.

I allow myself 2 snacks everyday. I'm not trying to eat perfectly......I'm just trying to eat better. I don't demonize sugar or carbs because I will eat those things after I get to goal. BUT, my portions are out of whack.

Maybe log your normal eating pattern for a couple weeks, then see where you can make improvements.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Think in terms of lifestyle changes. Don't try to change everything at once. Don't try to go too low in calories. Don't eliminate large groups of food.

I allow myself 2 snacks everyday. I'm not trying to eat perfectly......I'm just trying to eat better. I don't demonize sugar or carbs because I will eat those things after I get to goal. BUT, my portions are out of whack.

Maybe log your normal eating pattern for a couple weeks, then see where you can make improvements.

This. And after you get a good idea of your current eating and create your deficit, try not to be too aggressive. Going from 2000+ calories a day to 1200 is a huge shock to the body and will result in cravings galore. I'd recommend dropping it a few hundred every 2 weeks or so. That way your body has some time to adjust.
  • Inspired_Momma
    Inspired_Momma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The first week is always going to be hard, your body goes through a mini detox and it will test your will power but it will get better, your body will adjust and you will feel the benefit of it.

Take it slow, make a small change every week, be more mindful in your eating .

Good Luck :smile:
  • Zadviv2
    Zadviv2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    billglitch wrote: »
    how many cals you eating? i started low carb eating and have no cravings, am not hungry and am losing. look into it

I'm doing 1570 when I'm being good the days I haven't done so well it's almost double that.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    billglitch wrote: »

I'm doing 1570 when I'm being good the days I haven't done so well it's almost double that.

Another option is to zig-zag calories. I eat less during the week and maintenance on weekends. This gives me a buffer of sorts. I can look forward to a restaurant meal.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    changing habiits are difficult. Keep working atg it you will find your magic that works for you. Keep trying different combinations. If you are craveing something sweet try drinking water first it could be you are mistaking hunger for being thirsty
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    The other things to do is find a hobbie or go for a walk to occupy your mind with other things and think salads first with low carb dressings
  • Zadviv2
    Options
    I wish I could go for a walk. My limit for a day is about 3000 steps. I have an ankle that's messed up. I had surgery on it over a year ago & this past November it started messing up agen. Waiting on a 2nd opinion about it now.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I wish I could go for a walk. My limit for a day is about 3000 steps. I have an ankle that's messed up. I had surgery on it over a year ago & this past November it started messing up agen. Waiting on a 2nd opinion about it now.

Is there a pool you can use for swimming? Swimming is one of those great things that hits multiple muscle groups and is low impact for the most part.
  • Zadviv2
    Options
    Can't swim lol.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Can't swim lol.

Bummer. That was my thought, too. The water aerobics they do at my gym is in the shallow pool, so the water is only up to their chest or so. Maybe something like that?
  • Zadviv2
    Options
    Can't swim lol.

Bummer. That was my thought, too. The water aerobics they do at my gym is in the shallow pool, so the water is only up to their chest or so. Maybe something like that?

I could probably do something like. I will have to cheacks.brian with the y. See what they offer.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Take swimming lessons at your local Y. That way you'll learn to swim and burn calories.