Collagen powders

Options
Any recommendations for the best collagen powder to help with loose skin from weight loss specifically around the neck area and fine wrinkles? I'm 44 years old. Thanks

Replies

• suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    sorry to burst your bubble but it doesn't work. Genetics is your only friend in regards to loose skin (or a good plastic surgeon)
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    sorry to burst your bubble but it doesn't work. Genetics is your only friend in regards to loose skin (or a good plastic surgeon)

I actually have pretty good genetics and really it's not bad. I'm the only one who notices. My husband has no idea what I'm talking about when I mention wrinkles. And I always get that I look so young lol. I notice it a little but it's not horrible. I was asking because I've heard nothing but great things from friends and a family member about collagen powder helping with their skin, joints, hair, nails, sleep,...I was wanting to get a feel for what is a popular collagen powder among mpf users. Also, it doesn't hurt to help my skin before I get older too. No way I would go the route of cosmetic surgery unless it was really necessary.

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Eat more fruits and vegetables. Your body needs Vitamin C to synthesize collagen. That's all you can do pretty much.

Plus collagen tastes awful. It's powdered cow's skin. The worst thing I've ever shot down the hatch (and I've done wheatgrass and cabbage juice with no problem).

• OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Collagen tastes wonderful. It's the delicious unctuous liquid that forms when skin, bones and connective tissue simmers for a long time as in home made stock. Never tried powdered cow.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I use Great Plains (the green canister). It is flavorless and I dissolve it into my tea. I haven't noticed it helping ANY with my loose skin (47, here) but my hair and nails have gotten thicker so, there's that.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Eat more fruits and vegetables. Your body needs Vitamin C to synthesize collagen. That's all you can do pretty much.

Plus collagen tastes awful. It's powdered cow's skin. The worst thing I've ever shot down the hatch (and I've done wheatgrass and cabbage juice with no problem).

I eat lots of veggies and fruits so this does help and my skin really looks great. I'm just wanting to do everything and anything to continue keeping it young looking so figured this wouldn't hurt to add to my beauty regimen :wink:
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    vitamin c pills
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    vitamin c pills

Yep vitC. Land of lakes does a good collagen powder.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Take a good quality multivitamin. It will contain antioxidant vitamins to help.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I use Great Plains (the green canister). It is flavorless

Me too; this stuff is great. An even better ratio of protein for calories than whey protein powder. I add two tablespoons of the gelatin whenever I'm using whey.