Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Department Store Horror Stories?

myheartsabattleground
myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
Share yours please!

I have quite a few actually, and all have to do with Walmart.

1) On the phone I asked customer service if FINAL FANTASY 11 was back in stock. Said they weren't sure, so transfered me to electronics. Electronics says 'wrong department' (at this point I'm thinking, okay he's transferring me to media / games). HE SENDS ME TO GARDENING! Gardening sends me back to cs and they're all like "uhhh, IDK." and sends me back to gardening, who sends me back to electronics. --Finally I hung up and went there later that week and they were sold out.

2) I had asked an oriental woman (who I could tell spoke limited english) a simple question, and she looked at me and acted like I had threatened her and her families lives. She grabbed a native english speaking worker and he walked me over.

3) Shoe isles always look like Hurricane Katrina went through. Nobody bothers to clean it up, as I've complained numerous times.

4) When Sims 2 first came out, I had begged and begged my mom to let me get it. Finally she gave in as long as I didn't tell my dad. We had to deal with the new guy at video games / media / electronics (ugh) and guess what? We set the alarm off because he didn't deactivate the strip on the box. I tell a front store manager (who thought we were stealing) to put the game in a separate bag and swing it to the detectors. IT GOES OFF! She was pissed, apologized and mentioned that they're "going to have a little talk". Maybe that's word for "you're so fired."

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2016
    There was a break up at a Wal Mart I stopped by while looking for a swim suit.

The dumped woman returned to the store after a few minutes and was threatening everyone, daring customers to look at her. It would have been funny to me if I wasn't so close to her.

My sister used to order pictures from Wal Mart. The last time, she had to wait in line for over an hour just to be told that the pictures wouldn't be ready that day. Who ever was at the photo department had already left.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Not really a "department" store, but I've never had a good experience with GNC. No matter what I ask for they direct me to the women's section full of detoxes and fat burners. I won't even go there anymore.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I worked on the floor and cash in the pharmacy at walmart. So much time was spent on zoning/cleaning. I'd spend an hour at the beginning of my shift cleaning up the shelves and 10 minutes later they are in disarray again and it is a small department. Customers are so disrespectful. I'd find coffee cups, items from other departments that people are too lazy to put back in the right spot, empty boxes and opened bottles that were shoplifted, etc, etc. If you pick up a product and decide you don't want it please put it back where you found it, especially frozen and refrigerated items.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    I broke the self-checkout at walmart once. I put in a coupon and it clogged the machine. They had to disassemble and reset the whole thing. Pretty embarrassing on my part.

I got food-shamed at Target, was there on my lunch break and got chips and a coke with my things, the woman in front of me decided I needed to know that was 'not a healthy lunch'. Well, no *kitten* Sherlock. Eyes on your own paper.

Another Target story, it was just after Halloween so they had all the decorations on clearance. I ended up behind a lady with a cartload of decorations, insisted on price-checking each and every one, then saying she didn't want half of it...then she had coupons...and then she wanted to split the payment...I was feeling pretty homicidal by that point.

Not a department store but recently I was at Publix and saw some guy getting arrested for shoplifting. Apparently he'd stuck something like 20 pounds of meat in his jacket.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    I went into the dressing room at an Express and someone had taken a dump on the floor. True story.

I went to Wal-Mart and was looking for kitchen storage jars to put flour and sugar in and asked 4 different workers what isle I could find the item and I was sent to all four corners of the store before I looked around and just found it myself. One woman didn't even look up from her phone she was texting on and just said it's up by the front somewhere. Really?

I went to an expensive boutique store and was looking around for a gift for my girlfriends birthday and found a Burberry handbag that was a little over $2K and a matching scarf that was around $1K and went to go check out. Little did I know that a security guy had been following me the entire time until I was heading to the register which happened to be in the same direction as the doors. The guy had the nerve to stop me and ask me what I was doing with those items. I told him that I was planning on buying them. He then walked me to the register area like he was doing me a favor. I went to purchase them and pulled out my card and the girl at the register tells me that she needs a form of identification with the card. I give her my military ID and she the proceeds to tell me that she can't run the card because I didn't sign the back and couldn't compare it to the signature on my ID. I take the card back, sign it and then hand it back to her. She then tells me that she can't run the card because it could be fraudulent. All the while the security guy is standing there. I was pissed and just walked out and drove to another city to buy the same items with no problems.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    I went to an expensive boutique store and was looking around for a gift for my girlfriends birthday and found a Burberry handbag that was a little over $2K and a matching scarf that was around $1K and went to go check out. Little did I know that a security guy had been following me the entire time until I was heading to the register which happened to be in the same direction as the doors. The guy had the nerve to stop me and ask me what I was doing with those items. I told him that I was planning on buying them. He then walked me to the register area like he was doing me a favor. I went to purchase them and pulled out my card and the girl at the register tells me that she needs a form of identification with the card. I give her my military ID and she the proceeds to tell me that she can't run the card because I didn't sign the back and couldn't compare it to the signature on my ID. I take the card back, sign it and then hand it back to her. She then tells me that she can't run the card because it could be fraudulent. All the while the security guy is standing there. I was pissed and just walked out and drove to another city to buy the same items with no problems.

Be my sugar daddy! lol.
  • adremark
    adremark Posts: 774 Member
    I went into the dressing room at an Express and someone had taken a dump on the floor. True story.

I went to Wal-Mart and was looking for kitchen storage jars to put flour and sugar in and asked 4 different workers what isle I could find the item and I was sent to all four corners of the store before I looked around and just found it myself. One woman didn't even look up from her phone she was texting on and just said it's up by the front somewhere. Really?

Stores like that don't deserve your business. If you're spending good money, spend it at a store who appreciates you.
  • wilsoncl6

Be my sugar daddy! lol.

Sorry, already taken. LOL Sugar Momma would get upset.
  • wilsoncl6
    adremark wrote: »

Stores like that don't deserve your business. If you're spending good money, spend it at a store who appreciates you.

Their loss. On a side note, why are women's items so expensive? It's not even jewelry. What they heck is Burberry anyway?
  • renaedar
    renaedar Posts: 626 Member
    I have a friend that went to JC Pennys to get a bra. She was a big girl and needed a pretty big bra and their was a oriental lady that sized her and she kept yelling she needs a 44 E all over the dept. and store like she had never seen that size before! My friend had never been so embarrassed.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    I went to Target to buy the book Fifty Shades of Grey for my sister's birthday gift. As I was checking out, the nosy cashier questioned, "You DO know what this is about, don't you?" To which I replied, "Why, yes I do. And what I purchase is none of your business. Thank you very much."

Ugh! Nosy cashiers are one of my biggest pet peeves! They're always asking me, "So is this any good?" or "Why are you buying so many of these?" or "What do you plan to do with this?" I really wish managers would train their retail employees to MYOB!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    jenovatrix wrote: »
    ...I got food-shamed at Target, was there on my lunch break and got chips and a coke with my things, the woman in front of me decided I needed to know that was 'not a healthy lunch'. Well, no *kitten* Sherlock. Eyes on your own paper..

People have absolutely no empathy.
    I worked at Best Buy for 10 years so I have may friends there. So one day I'm there complimenting a former coworker on his epic beard saying "I can't grow mine because I'd look homeless." Some lady confronts me and asks "what did you say?", confused I repeated "homeless, I'd look homeless. My beard gets "stringy"."
    My guess she thought I said "homo" though I can imagine why I'd object to be good looking and fashionably dressed.
  • wilsoncl6
    Villae81 wrote: »

They let people walk around the store over 3k of merchandise? They lock everything up around here lol

You can't lock away every single handbag and scarf or your shop would just be a big glass case. Probably why there was on staff security and it is Texas. Everyone and their Momma is packing concealed weapons.
  • Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    I was checking out condoms at a Walgreens counter once and the checkout guy (who couldn't have been over 20) says, "someone's having fun tonight." I was so taken aback, I couldn't even come up with a snarky reply!
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    One time i went out to get canned beans and instead came home with a tube of lube and a box of pain killers....long story
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I went to Target to buy the book Fifty Shades of Grey for my sister's birthday gift. As I was checking out, the nosy cashier questioned, "You DO know what this is about, don't you?" To which I replied, "Why, yes I do. And what I purchase is none of your business. Thank you very much."

Ugh! Nosy cashiers are one of my biggest pet peeves! They're always asking me, "So is this any good?" or "Why are you buying so many of these?" or "What do you plan to do with this?" I really wish managers would train their retail employees to MYOB!

They do train them.....to be friendly and chatty. When I worked at a Joann fabrics I always asked what the material was for and we'd chat about quilting or Halloween costumes. If such simple questions annoy you there is always Amazon. I will 100% buy from Amazon before wasting my time at Wal-Mart.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    walked out of the dept store... and I am about 30 ft from the door when 4 store dicks jump me and start frisking me... nothing... my only crime? walking through the men's cologne apparently one of the clerks "saw" me pocket something...as a visible minority... we EMU's have ot put up with a lot of indignity :p
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    edited May 2016
    I was checking out condoms at a Walgreens counter once and the checkout guy (who couldn't have been over 20) says, "someone's having fun tonight." I was so taken aback, I couldn't even come up with a snarky reply!
    usually they just say "have a good night" with a little extra emphasis on good

RavenLibra wrote: »
    walked out of the dept store... and I am about 30 ft from the door when 4 store dicks jump me and start frisking me... nothing... my only crime? walking through the men's cologne apparently one of the clerks "saw" me pocket something...as a visible minority... we EMU's have ot put up with a lot of indignity :p
    OMG, I'm so sorry that happened to you. It's really sad that Emu-Canadians such as yourself are treated like that.