Besides Salads

Options
I was wondering what are some good lunch ideas besides salads? when you eat them for lunch 5 days a week they tend to get a bit stiff and boring....

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat?

I eat dinner leftovers, sandwiches, eggs, yogurt, fruit, veggies, cereal....whatever I feel like for lunch
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I can only handle so much salad during the week. I will eat fruits and veggies, but I am a protein fanatic. I like my eggs and meat for lunch. It all depends on what type of diet you are on too. I eat my heaviest meal at lunch, and will eat my salads and veggies at dinner. We'll need more information to offer you more advice though.
  • doveyleigh
    doveyleigh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also eat mostly salads but change them up, one day I will have strawberries, mandarin oranges and nuts piled on top, and the next day it will be red, yellow and/or orange peppers, onions, hard boiled egg - I look forward to the change. Good luck!
  • princetonmayberry
    princetonmayberry Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like to eat meat, veggies and spicy food....I thought about leftovers but wasn't sure if it was a guy idea for my calorie count
    mkakids wrote: »
    What do you like to eat?

I eat dinner leftovers, sandwiches, eggs, yogurt, fruit, veggies, cereal....whatever I feel like for lunch

• princetonmayberry
    princetonmayberry Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    mommazach wrote: »
    I can only handle so much salad during the week. I will eat fruits and veggies, but I am a protein fanatic. I like my eggs and meat for lunch. It all depends on what type of diet you are on too. I eat my heaviest meal at lunch, and will eat my salads and veggies at dinner. We'll need more information to offer you more advice though.

general I ate my protein at breakfast; lunch is usually light like a salad of some sort or a turkey sandwich, then dinner is when I pig out because I have quite a few calories left...my goal is to lose 20lbs
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I like to eat meat, veggies and spicy food....I thought about leftovers but wasn't sure if it was a guy idea for my calorie count
    mkakids wrote: »
    What do you like to eat?

Leftovers can definitely be ok....it just depends on your calorie goals and how you like to split them up and what you cook!

If Im looking for a low cal, spicy lunch I sometimes toss a bag of steamed cauliflower with 1tbspn melted butter and 2tbspn hot sauce.... forna buffalo kick.

Or tuna mixed with light mayo and hot sauce on some crackers is good.

Also, sometimes I take non salad foods and put them on a salad...like a burger patty, with ketchup, mustard and pickle chunks over a bed of greens. Or a polish sausage in a lettuce leaf instead of a bun.....you get *mostly* the same taste with alot less.calories. bread is just a delivery vehicle, IMO.

• nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I like tortilla wraps for lunch, with tuna mixed with mustard, or canned chicken mixed with salsa. I throw on a large amount of spinach and sometimes diced tomatoes.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    There are so many variations on salad...you could go on for months without repeating....

Other options include soups, stews, curries, sandwiches, leftovers....
  • robboughton
    robboughton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I normally have a butty with low cal bread of about 150 calls for two slices then a weighed portion of a sandwich filler of my choice lots of fruit and possibly a yoghurt I aim for about 550cals per meal but I am trying to lose alot more than you are. I change it up with scrambled egg, salads and the odd packaged frozen fish meal as I am the only one here that will eat fish (and even I am not a big fan).

Good luck finding some tasty food :)
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Minute rice brown rice individual bowls. The microwave kind. Topped with black beans. A fried egg. Salsa and just a bit of sour cream is good. There's an old book called "The Abs Diet. 6 minute meals" that has a lot of quick recipes in it. You can probably get it for a steal on Amazon.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    anything that fits in your calories and macros. There are so many amazing foods out there, you don't need to punish yourself.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I usually have some kind of grain or starch with some kind of veg with some kind of lean protein...and a couple days per week I have a sandwich.

My lunches are often my leftovers from dinner the night before as my wife and I usually cook four servings of whatever we're having so that we have lunches to take to work.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    ..then dinner is when I pig out because I have quite a few calories left...my goal is to lose 20lbs

Technically dinner should be your lightest meal since it is your last. Spread your calories out more evenly.