Optimal Macro Percentages- your experiences?

Options
2»

Replies

• ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My own experience-never tracked or paid any attention to macros. Eating at the correct calorie deficit for my weight loss/maintenance goals is all I've focused on and that's worked out pretty great for me.

I also only eat 2-3 times a day (which includes any snacking). I can't imagine having to force myself to eat 6 times a day :p
  • NewMEEE2016
    NewMEEE2016 Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

I get the feeling this is sarcasm but regardless building muscle is hard to do at a deficit and unless you are one of the following it wont happen

1. YOung man full of testosterone
    2. obese
    3. new to lifting (these gains are small and end quickly)

It's just a lot of women hear that heavy lifting makes you bulky when in fact it doesn't...and the statement I bolded scares a lot of women from lifting when we should..

Well- actually- I fit into categories #2 and #3 above (as I'm sure many of us do here.) So I guess I'm in luck! (according to the nifty computer-generated printout from the dietician, I am just on the border between "obese" and just "overfat"). How long would you expect the "new to lifting" effect to last?

I REALLY want to get into lifting, but have yet to find a program and/or trainer. But that's probably another thread.

Thanks to everyone for the input!