Sweets once in a while

Options
Hey everyone! I'm new to this site and I was just wondering what everyone thinks about having junk food in moderation once in a while

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea :) I know for me that if I cut out sweets completely it will end in a full blown binge.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I just had 25g of potato chips and a square of dark chocolate for my evening snack. I made mini cakes over the weekend and made sure I had enough calories left over for dessert.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Sweets don't have to be a sometimes food! You can save some calories for something fun everyday and still lose weight.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea :) I know for me that if I cut out sweets completely it will end in a full blown binge.

This^^ I often work sweets into my day. There is mouthing more tempting than something you can't have.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have icecream every day.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everyday, here. Been Skittles the past few days.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Weight loss is about calories. If you want a food fit it in your calorie goal.
    If you don't want to use many calories on sweets have lower calorie versions, smaller portions or eat them less often.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I have something sweet every single day. Whether it's fruit, a few squares of dark chocolate, or a piece of carrot cake. I plan to have sweets in my daily life forever so I figure I better know how to work them into a healthy lifestyle now.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    No problem.
    As long as you are eating a good variety of food that gives you the range of nutrition that you need, there is no issue with including some treats.
    Personally, I think about what and how much I buy - if it's something that I think I will find easy to eat too much of them I just buy a smaller portion or eat what I want (within reason!) and then put the rest in the freezer or the bin.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new to this site and I was just wondering what everyone thinks about having junk food in moderation once in a while

If you can control yourself, by all means, incorporate it as often as you'd like. Plan for it and make it fit into your caloric goal. I've lost 26lbs so far and I've had my share of pizza, ice cream, popcorn et cetera. I just make room for it and don't go over.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    quest bars are my friend - especially double chocolate chunk. i also have pizza periodically and tortilla chips often.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options

^^ this here me too! That said, eating *some* sweets can be a slippery slope for me, because "more" is my favorite food. Learn learn learn!! But after years of struggle, I know that demonizing any food is my "recipe for disaster" so I plan to leave room for a food item or two daily whose only nutrient value is Vitamin Fun.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Sure all that really matters is calories but I'm trying to get overall healthier not just skinnier si I'm trying to cut back. But I have something sweet at least once a day. U wait until I hit my nutrition goals first though
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have dessert every night. I MAKE it fit into my day :lol:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,897 Member
    Options
    I have dessert every night. I MAKE it fit into my day :lol:

Me too!
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You can have sweets, just needs to be able to be managed. If you are tracking macros you can work them in easily.

I try to only have them when I'm either carb cycling or during a refeed. Even then I attempt to limit them to under 500 cals. Attempt being key.
  • katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    As long as you know when to stop
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I like veggie chips/sticks when I want something sweet. For some reason, that kicks the craving for me and I only have to eat a few.
  • LaMartian
    LaMartian Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your numbers, go for it... do you have any idea how many brownies I've had this month? Seriously, do you, because I don't even know