Home gyms!

Options
What do you have at your home for exercise? I don't have a "gym" at home, but I have lots of exercise options throughout the house!

- Nordic Track skier (from 1995, still works!)
- recumbant bike
- mini-trampoline
- some dumbells (5-10 pounds)
- a few DVDs (The Firm, mostly)

What do you do at home for exercise? I love working out right in my living room. :-)

I'm hoping to get some other things eventually, including a punching/kicking heavy bag and a treadmill.

Replies

• MB1967
    MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have weights and 3 kids!!!!
  • Meglm1117
    Meglm1117 Posts: 70
    Options
    Workout dvds, weights and bands...Jillians banish fat, shred, ripped in 30, zumba, billy blanks tae bo, and hollywood kickboxing & cardio sculpting! I alternate between them all.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    About $30,000 of commercial gym equipment and over 1000 lbs of free weights. Also have a set of PowerBlock dumbbells that go up to 130 lbs, a treadmill and an elliptical (which I don't use).
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Recumbent bike
    Wii
    Leslie Sansone-4fast miles
    Zumba
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    I like to do some of the free 10 minute workouts on Netflix/Instant. I fit them into my schedule when i'm doing laundry or hanging out at home..
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You can do push ups and pull ups and also with the dumbbells you can work your arms perfectly.......

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    after paying for a family gym membership for about a year, we decided a few years ago that it was cheaper to purchase a couple of pieces of equipment. we have a recumbant bike and an elliptical.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    For the past couple of years I've been doing Beachbody programs, P90X, One on Ones, Insanity, Asylum, Turbo Fire etc.. These are all great programs with little or no room needed. A few dumbells or bands and just you and your TV.
    Love it they changed my life!
  • Rusty228
    Rusty228 Posts: 1
    Options
    My wife and I bought a treadmill in March. Best thing we ever did. I walk on it everyday for at least 20 minutes and usually more. She uses it several times a week. We had already started losing weight by eating healthier, but adding the treadmill accelerated our progress significantly
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Just a treadmill.. I pop on the news and run. However I will have access to a full gym once school starts again so I am entertaining the idea of using the weights there.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have a few workout DVD's, Wii Fit Plus, EA Active, on-demand workout (exercise section, selection varies), a few dumbells, and resistance bands. I used to have an exercise bike and I currently have a bicycle as well. I am looking into getting a used treadmill for my spare bedroom and setting up the second TV in there.
  • daddyssunshyne
    Options
    We have an exercise bike
    I think there is a weight bench and weights somewhere in the basement, not put together. Seems I remember moving it.
    We have a big dog to walk, and kids to chase lol:laugh:
  • jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    We have a home gym but I added a few extra things that I like. Bosu ball, resistance bands, 65cm balance ball, kettle bells, arm and leg weights, yoga block, yoga mat, weighted balls 6-10 lbs.

I have lots of DVDs but my favorite are: Insanity, Slim in Six, P90X, 30 Day Shred, Iron Yoga, and Tracy Anderson's Design Series.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    We have a spin bike (I got on Craigs list for $50!!), a ProForm elliptical, bosu ball, free weights, and a host of dvds: P90X (which I finished 6 weeks ago); Insanity (in week 6 currently); several yoga dvds, Jillian Michaels (Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones), and several others I rotate in and out of.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have loads of DVD's. I did have a treadmill but alas it has kicked the bucket! Hoping to get a new one on Friday!!
  • antimike
    antimike Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Jump rope, yoga ball, yoga peanut (it looks like a peanut), P90X videos, push up bars, resistance bands and thats about it.

Recently I have been spending most of my time either at the gym (FREE YEAH BABY) or on my road bicycle. If I want to ride the bike in the house I have a trainer that I can use to create resistance but it drives me crazy if I'm on it for more than 30 minutes.
  • strongdog68
    Options
    I have six kettlebells, two Hoist adjustable dumbells (5-75 lbs), a spin bike, and two types of pushup bars. I also have two homemade sandbags that I incorporate into my workouts and a freestyle pull sled with some Olympic weights for loading it. I make use of my kids swing set for various body weight exercises. Like the man mentioned earlier, I also use my kids (75 and 95 lbs) from time to time to provide resistance. Will be adding a battling rope in July!
  • gtbalm
    gtbalm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like to do some of the free 10 minute workouts on Netflix/Instant. I fit them into my schedule when i'm doing laundry or hanging out at home..

Thanks for telling us about this, I had no idea they had instant watch videos! This is great for me, I get bored with exercise after the 2nd time....now I have lots of variety.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Stationary bike, treadmill, vigor fit home gym (like a "total gym", but half the price), resistance bands, a few weights, Wii Fit, and some DVD's. We live in a small town, so a gym membership just isn't very practical for us. We have what we need at home and there's no excuses because it all sits in an area right outside our bedroom. So I hit either the bike or treadmill first thing in the morning 6 days out of 7.
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have a 8' x 8' cushioned gym floor in my garage where I use my P90X videos. I have a pull-up bar hanging from the joists, a set of hand weights (5lb to 45lb), resistance bands, and a heavy punching bag.

I also have a treadmill upstairs in my office.