Sugar

Options
Good Morning!
Hoping I can get some advice on how to cut my sugar intake. I go over the recommended amount by lunchtime pretty much daily. It seems like (for the most part) I'm eating healthy food, so I'm confused. Thanks in advance for any help :-)

Replies

• no_kidding
    no_kidding Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We need to see the diary :)
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It would be helpful if you opened up your diary....without seeing the choices you are making, it's hard to give recommendations.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing, milk and fruit are my enemies. Not seeing your food journal, I would guess either one of these could be your enemy too. Since I ahve always been a bad sugar junky (candy, candy, and more candy) the sugars I eat now are healthier for me so I don't stress over it. I've never been very voer weight and I've always been a huge fruit and milk lover, so it can't be all bad!!!
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Natural sugar from fruits, vegetables and milk won't harm you, just stay away from granulated sugar and you will be fine....:-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • yellowjacket8
    Options
    Sorry, I thought I had it opened, let me try again.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm a sugar addict. I read somewhere to wait until 3 PM to eat any kind of sugar - including fruit (which is tough). It works really well for me (most of the time). I've also added Emerald Nuts roasted almonds dusted with dark chocolate - very little sugar but just a half a handful is satsifying. and i don't know what i would do without sugar free fat free chocolate jello.
  • naomi7703
    naomi7703 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have a sugar intolerance and cant eat sugar, but like you say somedays i noticed i have gone over on my sugar. Milk was the main thing when i looked. I think one cup had something like 15g of sugar, so im trying to have eggs on ryvita somedays for breakfast. Fruit, cereal, cereal bars all have a klot of sugar.
    Naomi
  • aubreywygralak
    Options
    I try to stay away from processed foods (for the most part) so the majority of my sugar intake is from fruit. When I'm over in my sugars it is usually because of the fruit I'm eating- so I don't freak out. I would just watch and make sure you are sticking to healthy sugars.
  • yellowjacket8
    Options
    I do get a lot of the sugar from fruits, veggies, and dairy
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you track your carbohydrates you don't need to track your sugars too. I was told by a Diabetic nutritionist that sugars are included in carbs. If you track sugar and carbs you are tracking sugar twice. As long as you are not eating refined junk food and your sugar is coming from fresh fruits and whole grains and your carbs are in line with your goals, you are ok. You need healthy sugars. I con't cholesterol instead.
  • yellowjacket8
    Options
    Thanks dls06, I thinl I'll change the settings then. I do try to saty away from processed food for the most part...except for my taco bell addiction.
  • nie76
    nie76 Posts: 3
    Options
    I would like some help in the same area, I would like some help in general. I have been working out and trying to eat right for over a month now, with seeing little change. My diary is open. I was eating 1200 calories a day but decided today to up it to 1400 to see if this helps because I workout on a regular. I was seeing a dietitian who viewed my log every week and told me that if what I was logging was true, that she did not understand why I hadn't lost more weight.
  • no_kidding
    no_kidding Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi again,,,
    I looked at your diary for yesterday...
    You had kellogs cereal for breakfast, and you had a burrito with sour cream , and you had chickpeas...

the cereal is high in carbs, so is the burrito and the sour cream which also have high fat.

I would suggest eating what I am eating.. check my diary

I eat a lot of watermelon, cantelope, grapes, etc for break fast...You will be good..

You said you think ur eating healthy .. but eating a burrito is def. not healthy :P
  • yellowjacket8
    Options
    Nokidding, thanks for the tips. I know burritoes from TB aren't healthy and I'm trying to quit. I'm still new to this and it's really been an eye opener, I was eating WAY too much before.