Slimming shakes

Options
Hey has anyone tried any of the Slim Fast Shakes? Do they work?

Replies

• pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    What are they meant to do ?
  • TiaEF
    TiaEF Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've never used Slim Fast Shakes, but I've heard they work pretty well. . I've been drinking Shakeology, though. Serves as a meal replacement and definitely keeps me satisfied.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    weight loss shakes simply replace a meal with a limited amount of calories. each slimfast has around 180 calories. for 180 calories, you could also have 2 egg beaters and a piece of toast with a tiny bit of butter or a pre-packaged oatmeal.
  • pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just googled them - they are 230 Cals or there about I think. So I reckon they will give you 230 calories. I can personally think of more satisfying foods to have for 230 Cal (A massive bowl of homemade carrot soup - seriously like 2 pints of it) than some shake but if you enjoy it and log it and are still in a defecit at the end of the day then it will work. however it is the deficit that will work, not some magic ingredient in a shake.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    They're food, like any other food, except they don't have as much variety or taste as good. I've used shakes in the past and don't reccommend them. You can use them if you want, but I'd suggest you just eat food.
  • jaz1993x
    jaz1993x Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cheers guys I was just thinking as ovs they are liquid if your replacing say 1/2 meals a day with theses shakes carry on doing that till u lose the weight u wish, surely you would put the weight back on when you eat sold food like you say itsbasschick if you eat wholemeal toast and eggs?? Just a bit confused as surely after having a liquid diet you would just gain the pounds back on?? Duno had a few mixed reviews
  • jaz1993x
    Options
    Sorry ment 1-2 not 1/2 x
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    jaz1993x wrote: »
    Cheers guys I was just thinking as ovs they are liquid if your replacing say 1/2 meals a day with theses shakes carry on doing that till u lose the weight u wish, surely you would put the weight back on when you eat sold food like you say itsbasschick if you eat wholemeal toast and eggs?? Just a bit confused as surely after having a liquid diet you would just gain the pounds back on?? Duno had a few mixed reviews

Not necessarily. It you use calorie control, you can make the loss stick. If you go back to your old habits, the weight will come back. The bottom line: it's reduction in calories that will make you lose weight, and it's eating the correct number of maintenance calories that will keep the weight off. The shakes don't do anything except give you something lower in calories to eat.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Just eat real food you deserve it. Chemicals, additives, junk. Unless you . Are crunched for time, then there are things you can do for faster nutrition. I drink something and don't feel like it was lunch or dinner. I think psychologically the act if preparing, smelling, cooking, chewing all goes into the process of what meal time and satiety means. I could be wrong though, I am no expert. I did Slim Fast in high school and college. I lost weight but the "meal" was gone in a few sips but didn't mentally register with me to make me feel full.
  • jaz1993x
    Options
    Cheers guys this has really helped I don't live a huge busy life style so prob stick to what I'm doing thanks as it's working pretty well atm thanks for the advise and input