Sweets once in a while

Options
2»

Replies

• jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I eat something sweet every day. I just make it fit into my daily intake.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What's junk? Food? Accurately log your food and practice portion control properly. You can have anything you want.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »
    Sure all that really matters is calories but I'm trying to get overall healthier not just skinnier si I'm trying to cut back. But I have something sweet at least once a day. U wait until I hit my nutrition goals first though

Not trying to be nitpicky but your comment in bold piqued my curiosity. I see comments like this quite often, "sure calories matter for weight loss but I'm trying to get healthier". That seems to imply that other people responding, who don't qualify their comments similarly, aren't trying to get healthier or don't care about their health. I'm curious if you think that's true, that the people saying "I make something sweet fit into my calories every day" aren't also concerned about trying to get healthier? I've actually never seen a person on these boards who isn't trying to get healthier, I'm sure there are a few for whom the only thing that matters is scale weight or being "skinny" but I tend to think those may be people who have disordered thinking and focus only on body image, not on health.

Sorry, it's a tangent but it's just something I've always wondered when people qualify their comments as you did, why did you feel the need to do that?

• Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    The way I look at it is this site is a means to learn healthy eating, making a life long change. That said who is going to completely eliminate sweets and other "treats" for the rest of your life. I agree with what others have said, make space in your daily calorie allowance and include whatever you like in your diet. By not having whatever it is you think is a "treat" you will feel denial and eventually fail, don't set yourself that way.
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If the choice is between a few sweets now or a bunch later, I always opt for the lesser of the two evils. My preference is to not have them (sweets) around because I know I'll be tempted. However, I didn't join a monastery and don't see why I shouldn't enjoy life likes others. OH - and I'm being completely serious - chocolate DOES have medicinal value. Not too much, mind.
  • briannarios60
    briannarios60 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Sweets don't have to be a sometimes food! You can save some calories for something fun everyday and still lose weight.

Exactly
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Every day is once in a while, right? :p

I try to include a fair amount of nutrient dense foods into my diet. A little something sweet won't do me in or stall my weight loss.