The perfect breakfast

Options
13»

Replies

• swissmiss431
    swissmiss431 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bircher Muesli or 2 or 3 eggwhite from hard boiled eggs with coffee and milk.

https://mindyqs.com/2016/01/07/bircher-muesli-breakfast-of-swiss-champions/
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Mm... breakfast...

Bullet coffee... Ghee, MCT oil, espresso blended
    2-3 large free range local farm eggs
    2-3 slices of grassfed beef bacon
    2 500mg psylliums husk tablets

400-500 calories of delicious fat focused macros

Full easily until 11-12pm
    Movement like clockwork

Nom nom nom nom
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Jessie, Thanks for mentioning beef bacon. Never heard of it. Probably won't buy it, but glad to know about it.
  • hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Mm... breakfast...

Bullet coffee... Ghee, MCT oil, espresso blended
    2-3 large free range local farm eggs
    2-3 slices of grassfed beef bacon
    2 500mg psylliums husk tablets

400-500 calories of delicious fat focused macros

Full easily until 11-12pm
    Movement like clockwork

Nom nom nom nom

Amazing!! Love bullet coffee. And eggs. And bacon. Delicious!!
  • bbail016
    bbail016 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a bowl of cereal (cheerios, special K, raisin bran) with almond milk....dannon oikos triple zero greek yogurt for snack.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Breakfast at work is Espresso with one whole cup 2% milk and a kashi bar, usually. Not what I consider perfect, but what I 'budget' for weekdays. Sometimes oatmeal, whey, yogurt and fruit/nuts if I am working out twice that day.

For healthy indulgent days, or weekends when we eat only twice a day:

3 egg omelet with vegetables & cheese, different varieties depending on what's in the fridge.
    or
    2 eggs and home fried potatoes, with cheese, if there are leftover baked potatoes
    or
    2 eggs on cheese grits
    or
    2 eggs and chili paste on leftover white rice or brown rice or fried rice
    or
    Pancakes or crepes (egg-heavy batter either way) with marmalade or maple syrup.

So, basically, eggs.
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Oats with two scoops of protein powder or an omelette.
    Fruits are also nice.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Most days I like a packet of 'good' instant oatmeal and a pea protein shake made with almond milk.
  • gruythuyzen
    gruythuyzen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have two go to options:
    1. 0% fat greek yogurt with some natural sweetener like maple syrup, some homemade granola (It's great because I find all the ones that you guy in the grocery store are so high in calories) and 100 grams of fruit!
    2. Breakfast burrito - one large egg, 1/4 cup egg whites, 1 tbsp. of sour cream and whatever veggies you like all wrapped in a small whole wheat tortilla!

Those are my favorite. I'm a huge breakfast person and get really hangry really fast if I don't have a nice breakfast! :smile:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    scrambled eggs with asparagus and a slice of cheese. protein shake if I don't have time.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I had overnight oats today, but my breakfast varies daily. For a while I was on a bagel kick, and just packed a bagel with cream cheese the night before, so I can grab and go and eat it at work.

Honestly it's 10000x easier making breakfast at night. I've even made scrambled eggs the night before, and they were still really good at work the next day.

If I don't feel like cooking the night before, I'll bring a piece of bread and PB, a yogurt and granola bar, etc
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've been having coffee with cinnamon and an ounce of full fat canned coconut milk
    With
    eggs over easy, bacon, homemade salsa, and avocado
    A chicken apple sausage with roasted veggies and avocado
    Hard boiled eggs on a chopped spinach salad with whatever veggies on hand and avocado...
    The theme I guess is protein and good fat with fiber. Sometimes I'll throw some berries on my plate too. I prep hard boiled eggs, salsa, roasted veggies, chicken apple sausages, bacon, and maybe some other meat for lunches or quick dinners on the weekend. Then it's just throw stuff together in the morning and go!
  • ashiyashakir
    ashiyashakir Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For satisfaction as i use lil roasted chicken and make it sandwitch ,than other from this i would rather prefer toast brown bread and sometimes oats with chickn ,or just cornflakes ,,,lot of quick option just choose one and enjoy ☺
  • ni393811
    ni393811 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make an shake/ smoothie with 1 green apple, 2 tps flaxseed meal, 1tbs cinnamon, 1 tps of Chia seeds, 1 tps of coconut oil and 1 1/2 c of water....I eat 2 rice cakes with chocolate peanut butter and a half of grapefruit.
  • billutzman
    billutzman Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    God I hate to say this, But 250cal mcdonalds eggwhite delight And a black coffee.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Three* eggs on lightly buttered toast with a slice of cheese. And coffee.

* Four eggs on days I lift.
  • milmil89
    milmil89 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats for me