Neighbor Wakes Me Around 3 AM Every Morning

wilsoncl6
wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
OK, so this has been happening almost every weekday night for a couple of weeks now. I live in an apartment, whose construction is obviously subpar, and I awake out of a dead sleep by blood curdling screams almost every night between 2 AM and 3 AM. The first time it happened, I thought a woman outside was being murdered. I jumped out of bed and peered out my window and saw nothing until I realized that it was coming through my bedroom wall. Apparently, the neighbors attached to my apartment have decided that they want to go at it like rabbits every night around that time, which is cool with me. I'm happy that they're into each other. However, is it necessary for the female to scream as if someone is cutting her heart out? I tried wearing ear plugs but that only muffles the screams and I can still hear them enough to wake me up. The problem is that once I'm awake, I'm awake and I can't get back to sleep and have to get up at 4:30. Would it be rude to ask them to keep down the noise if possible? I don't want to embarrass them because I'm glad their having a good time but I need my sleep. I've looked into moving into another unit but they won't have another available in my size for another 2 months. What would you do?

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    I'd wake them up about 2am with a similar scenario. Have fun with your love interest and get them on your schedule.
  • blairrob12
    blairrob12 Posts: 215 Member
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    I could just buy them a ball gag and leave it on their doorstep with a note that she might want to wear this during sex. Is that too much?

No, I think that's quite appropriate.
  • wilsoncl6
    blairrob12 wrote: »
    zlkgh0o6ajzh.jpg

This might help.

Thanks, I'll print this off and slip it under their door.
  • wilsoncl6
    I tried the alarm thing. I set it to go off at midnight on a weekend that I wouldn't be there. Had absolutely no affect at all. I was going to bang on the wall the next time they woke me up.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    OK, so this has been happening almost every weekday night for a couple of weeks now. I live in an apartment, whose construction is obviously subpar, and I awake out of a dead sleep by blood curdling screams almost every night between 2 AM and 3 AM. The first time it happened, I thought a woman outside was being murdered. I jumped out of bed and peered out my window and saw nothing until I realized that it was coming through my bedroom wall. Apparently, the neighbors attached to my apartment have decided that they want to go at it like rabbits every night around that time, which is cool with me. I'm happy that they're into each other. However, is it necessary for the female to scream as if someone is cutting her heart out? I tried wearing ear plugs but that only muffles the screams and I can still hear them enough to wake me up. The problem is that once I'm awake, I'm awake and I can't get back to sleep and have to get up at 4:30. Would it be rude to ask them to keep down the noise if possible? I don't want to embarrass them because I'm glad their having a good time but I need my sleep. I've looked into moving into another unit but they won't have another available in my size for another 2 months. What would you do?

Knock at the door and ask for a threesome with a tripod and video camera in hand .
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    figure out when they're going to be at home sleeping and you won't be. odds are if they're up late on the regular doing that, then they'll be home when you're not at some point.

you got a good sound system? push the speakers up against the joining wall. they make recordings you can play of different stuff that will really get them. like women walking in high heels, satanic chanting, baby crying, stuff like that. its gotta be something with plausible deniability for you though, y'know, you're not a woman, you don't have a baby, whatever.

but you fire that bad boy up at max volume and leave for a few hours. that'll work after a time- the strangeness of the sounds will stick with them and it'll be in the back of their heads next time they get romantic. its better than just blasting Die Antwoord like i usually do nowadays.

cheaper version is to just set your alarm at max volume and leave it sitting next to the same wall.

she's being loud on purpose so its okay to be petty (if she wasn't she could just bite the pillow)

exactly this.
  • wilsoncl6
    I tried the alarm thing. I set it to go off at midnight on a weekend that I wouldn't be there. Had absolutely no affect at all. I was going to bang on the wall the next time they woke me up.

i'd honestly go for the annoying sounds then. stranger the better. or try this on full blast when you're leaving the house.

https://youtu.be/z9Uz1icjwrM

This is the funniest *kitten* I've seen today. Thanks for the laugh.
  • wilsoncl6
    finny11122 wrote: »

Knock at the door and ask for a threesome with a tripod and video camera in hand .

You obviously haven't seen my neighbors.
  • LaMartian
    LaMartian Posts: 478 Member
    Get a recording of them and blast it back over to their side when they're done. The entire thing.
  • 737jac737
    737jac737 Posts: 54 Member
    You could record what you're hearing on your phone. Then take it to your landlord and play it. They should contact your neighbors first.
  • Brin1956
    Brin1956 Posts: 168 Member
    Recording sounds great. Record it all and play it back when you think they are sleeping right up against the wall. I'm sure they will recognise the sounds. ha ha.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Make them some breakfast burritos, knock on their door, and, smiling just the way you are in your avatar, say, "A little something to replenish?"