Activity level for waitress

Options
Hi everyone. I have gained a lot of my weight back and am trying to get started again. I don't have the discipline as I once did where I tracked and weighed every single thing that I ate. I don't know why, but I just have no motivation to do it. It stresses me out.
Also, I waitress four days a week, hours vary. Sometimes I am running around a lot and other times it's very leisure. Would I put my activity level as lightly active?

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I would log as sedentary then log the waitressing as exercise like walking as you're not always busy. Maybe wear a pedometer or fitbit to measure you moving around when working.
  • therequiiem
    therequiiem Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response. Do you know if there's a reliable app for iPhone to track my steps?
  • pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    the iphone health app itself should track your steps if you keep your phone in your pocket. And it is even connectable to MFP to sync
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I face a similar issue. I'm a front end manager at a grocery store, and I moved locations last year.

At my old store, a LOT more physical work was expected, so I was losing on 2000cal with my activity level set pretty high. Here, I'm estimating that I'm only "lightly active", due to having more desk work and less running around. So far losing on 1500-1600.

If at step counter or HRM isn't at your immediate disposal, I recommend setting to lightly active and giving it 4-6 weeks. If you're losing more than what you've set MFP to lose per week, eat a bit more. And vice versa.

I'm definitely looking into getting a Fitbit though, because I want to know which days are more active specifically. That way I can adjust what I eat on a day to day basis, less on lazier days etc.
  • jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I second the Health app, already built into your phone and so long as you can keep your phone on you when you're working, it's ideal. Pretty accurate and saves you buying anything new. I had a fitbit but I just didn't think it looked that good so it put me off wearing it all the time.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the iPhone but my Android has ' s health' and somehow it got the idea to count my steps so I pocket my phone now and walk more. I think the bracelets and such are kind of expensive.