Exercise tips for disabled.

Options
HI, I'm new to this community and looking for some advice.
I am 30 5' 7" and currently way 13st 5lb. Due to my disabilities I cannot exercise as much as I would like and there are several things I cannot do entirely. I wondered if anyone had any advice on exercise that I can do.
I have a bad right hip and HS.

Thanks in advance
FuriousBookworm

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    What's HS? Swim, row, cycle, strength train are my fallbacks when I'm injured. Do any of those work for you?
  • FuriousBookworm
    FuriousBookworm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HS is a skin condition that is connected to sweating so I have to be careful on how much I do. I love swimming, not tried rowing so I will look in to that, I can't get on a bike anymore sadly. Thank you for the ideas though, will have a look into rowing and see if there are any available places in my area.
  • jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You wont get a massive calorie burn, but yoga or pilates would be a gentle work out which wouldn't break too much of a sweat. A good tutor can explain how to adapt moves or find alternatives if there's any you can't manage. Pilates is often used as physio, so could be really beneficial.
  • FuriousBookworm
    FuriousBookworm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply, I'll look into those too. They would probably suit the best around my illness and disability.