i will prove you wrong!

Options
So, last night at Zumba i joined a weight loss challenge. It starts July18-Aug22. $20.00 fee to join and winner gets the pot. When i get home i tell my girlfriend about it, and she says that I should have just taken that $20 and thrown it in the trash cause i am not going to win. (she knows that i have a hard time losing weight due to medical reasons, but still...) Grrrr that just makes me want to do it more!

Replies

• anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Grrrr that just makes me want to do it more!

Maybe that's why she said it. :wink:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    doesnt sound very encouraging
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Wow, nice 'friend'!
    You can do it! You will prove her wrong!!!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    So, last night at Zumba i joined a weight loss challenge. It starts July18-Aug22. $20.00 fee to join and winner gets the pot. When i get home i tell my girlfriend about it, and she says that I should have just taken that $20 and thrown it in the trash cause i am not going to win. (she knows that i have a hard time losing weight due to medical reasons, but still...) Grrrr that just makes me want to do it more!

I ahve faith in you! You can totally do it gorgeous!
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    "The greatest pleasures in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

Don't let her negativity push you away, but closer to your goal. Good luck. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • OneFitMom_
    OneFitMom_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That's a horrible thing to say to a friend!!! I hope you prove your friend wrong!!!! Best of luck to you!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You can and will do this Smiley! I have faith in you!! Get it girl!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Girl, you take that crap and run with it! People telling me I can't do something is my biggest motivation. Just make me want to stick it to them and show them I can do it :)

Good luck to you! :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You signed up for that and then had that for breakfast? lol You are going to need to change your diet around to win this thing! You can do it. :)
  • kellywaller1
    kellywaller1 Posts: 101
    Options
    you can do it zumba is great for burning calories and having fun!!!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    CAN YOU SAY MOTIVATION!
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options

I believe that you can DO THIS!!! Not a very positive friend... Get that pot girl. Prove her totally wrong......:flowerforyou:
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Make her eat her words!!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I challenge you to prove her wrong. ☼ When people do that to me, I rise to the challenge. Your mfp friends believe in you and will cheer you on. I was so excited that I have reached the 310 consecutive days, so I told my boyfriend and instead of being proud of me, he said... yeah, but have you lost anything lately. I've lost 55 pounds, but I've been on a plateau forever. He burst my bubble and put me into a tailspin last nite. I had really scary dreams after that, and this morning there are left over emotions. Then I read on here, one of my friends has been in a funk, but she has decided today is going to be a happy day. I decided to follow suit. It will be an effort, but I CAN have a happy day.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    WOW I can not stand people that are so negative. My mindset has always been you can do whatever you set your mind to. She may be just trying to bring you down, not that she does not care for you, but sometimes people become envious and they do not want to see others succeed.
    SOOO in actuality she is the one with loser mindset and can't stand to see others win.
    Just do you, keep trucking.
    And next time do not tell her your plans, cause she will most likely put them down. Or you can talk to her and tell her how she made you feel. If she does not care then do not ever share your plans with, unless you want to be shut down

Good luck on The Zumba challenge, I am rooting for you.:drinker:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    @ smiley01x

Strength is a matter of the made-up mind. - John Beecher

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. - Henry Ford.

You so got this!! Do you want it bad enough? Isn't this why you are here? Get mean, get lean. Kick it's *kitten*!!

By making the attempt you are better off. :flowerforyou:
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    People like to put others down so that they don't have to look at their own inadequacies... keep that in mind while you are proving her wrong!!!!!
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options
    Get 'em girl..... :flowerforyou:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to her negativity. Keep coming back to MFP, because we all support you and will help motivate you!
  • rmk2311
    rmk2311 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not a very nice friend she should be supporting you! Stick with it and you will meet your goals! :)