Cauliflower Love

Options
weehah
weehah Posts: 81 Member
Just had to share how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE cauliflower. I just roast the heck out of it in the oven (drizzled with a little olive oil and salt) and it's so satisfying to chew, and low in calories . . . YUM.

That is all. : )

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Yep, done right it's tasty.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I do SO much with cauliflower I absolutely love it! Cinnamon/nutmeg spiced maple cauliflower at breakfast, garlic roasted for dinner, buffalo baked cauliflower, mashed cauliflower, cauliflower sautéed in leftover bacon or steak grease after roasting, pizza, rice alternative in some dishes....I absolutely love it and its versatility!(:
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I love the texture of cauliflower more than broccoli.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My dh and mil make fried cauliflower. It's so damn good that I have dedicated an entire garden bed to growing just cauliflower
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I do the same but also add broccoli and sometimes asparagus spears. Sprinkle with a little parmesan and garlic powder before roasting, and dip into ceaser dressing.
  • weehah
    weehah Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yum to all! I have my own way of cutting up a head of it, but other suggestions welcomed! That's the only slightly annoying part (but totally worth it).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm always worried about the nutrients being cooked out being in the oven for so long.. I leave mine in for 30-35 minutes, until they're crunchy.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I always eat my cauliflower raw. I've got a head in the fridge now. After reading this post I think I'll try roasting it.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    I always eat my cauliflower raw. I've got a head in the fridge now. After reading this post I think I'll try roasting it.
    after raw carrots and spinach, raw cauliflower is the best raw veggie.

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Sounds illegal.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I'm not the biggest fan of cauliflower (watery cauliflower cheese is disgusting!) but I've found that I quite like it as a puree - steamed in the microwave, then pureed with a little bit of butter and milk added, it's a great side dish.
  • 230to142
    230to142 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I believe Under Armour actually mentioned cauliflower as one of the top foods that helps MFP subscribers lose weight and keep it off. I'll have to look for that article but it came out in the first quarter of this year, 2016.
  • 230to142
    230to142 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    230to142 wrote: »
    I believe Under Armour actually mentioned cauliflower as one of the top foods that helps MFP subscribers lose weight and keep it off. I'll have to look for that article but it came out in the first quarter of this year, 2016.

Here it is: http://www.fastcoexist.com/3056448/want-to-lose-weight-eat-like-these-people-more-fiber-more-fat/1
  • lmbecker12
    lmbecker12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When I have a few extra calories and want a savory treat I will "rice" up a head of cauliflower, cook it until tender with a tbsp of olive oil and then melt in 2 oz of cream cheese and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Throw in a few other veggies for fun. YUM! Super creamy and tasty.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    weehah wrote: »
    Just had to share how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE cauliflower. I just roast the heck out of it in the oven (drizzled with a little olive oil and salt) and it's so satisfying to chew, and low in calories . . . YUM.

That is all. : )

Yep, I love it that way too.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I'm always worried about the nutrients being cooked out being in the oven for so long.. I leave mine in for 30-35 minutes, until they're crunchy.

It's typically done in 10 for me, roasted.
  • lemurcat12
    Options

Raw dipped in baba ganoush is amazing.

Okay, enough serial posting about cauliflower! ;-)
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Whether it's pureed or roasted, add a drizzle of white truffle oil to it. A-MAZING.
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    im actually making cauliflower donuts this weekend :)
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Raw dipped in baba ganoush is amazing.

Okay, enough serial posting about cauliflower! ;-)

Love baba ganoush!