Replies

• jacki865
    jacki865 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I needed to lose 110 when I started. I already lost about 35
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I've lost 144lbs so far and still have a bit more to lose if you want to add me? It's taken me 4 years, but I've done it safely and healthily and have learned a lot along the way.
  • CrystalArmstrong1
    CrystalArmstrong1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Don't think about the amount of weight you have to lose in total. I started my weight loss needing to lose 146 lbs, i've lost 78 so far. Setting small goals to focus on (5 lbs lost, 10, 20, fitting into a size smaller jeans, etc) has made it a whole lot easier than looking at the big number.
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have needed to lose weight for over 25 years. Never reached 100 pounds until now. I am 5'3'' and 230lbs. I need to lose exactly 100 pounds.

I'm working hard ~ HONEST food logging, water intake, meds and exercise. I think getting honest with yourself and making short term goals is better than feeling defeated by a large number like 100+. We're all in the same boat and on the same journey, others just started before you and may be ahead of you. Not to worry, you're ahead of someone else as well.

Stiff upper lip! Keep your head up! and Work!!! B)
  • sionna7910
    sionna7910 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 140 lbs overweight. I decided to switch to a mostly plant-based diet, mostly whole foods. I'm avoiding a lot of processed food and only eating meat/dairy products 1-2 times a week. I drink mostly water, with a daily cup of coffee and two travel cups of hot tea with honey. I'm eating so much more fruit and veggies than I had been.

Combining that with the water, my skin has already cleared up and I feel more energetic. No afternoon slump! I'm only two days truly into it and I already feel better. I'm considering this a life change because I'm tired of being tired. I want to be healthy and if I lose weight that's great, too. But I ultimately want to feel my best.
  • MaGrl523
    MaGrl523 Posts: 101 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I need to lose at least 100 pounds.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I started at 530 lbs, and this week i finally hit 429 lbs. working on another 100 lbs. Don't get discouraged and keep your expectations reasonable. Last thing you need is crash dieting.
  • lawsonsaysread
    lawsonsaysread Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    In May of 2014 I weighed 408 lbs. Today I weigh about 190 lbs. The key for me is to track food and exercise, burn more calories than I take in, and exercise a ton.
  • beausierens
    beausierens Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think it's a pretty common goal. I don't have any set number in mind, but can definitely stand to lose well over 100 lbs. In a little over 5 months, I'm down about 55 lbs without going to any extremes of diet or exercise. I've still got plenty of room for improvement, but it's a solid and noticeable start.
  • Sandee_Bee
    Sandee_Bee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    80 more to go, you are not alone!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    AlyM725 wrote: »
    I have 100 lbs to lose as well. My advice to you is don't be too restrictive, allow yourself a small treat, find exercise that you enjoy (I started going to a boxing gym, and I have so much fun I don't even realize I worked out for 90 minutes! It makes all the difference when you're having fun), try new exercises until you find something you enjoy) and take it one day at a time. You can do this!

Yes! I have friends who belly dance and box. I like Jazzercise. I am pretty sure I wouldn't exercise as much if I wasn't in a class, but that's what motivates me, might not be for everybody.

I have a food scale, I weigh my food and log everything.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with crohn's disease I don't understand how I can be sick all the time and not lose weight I eat very healthy and clean however the scale does not seem to but I am generally within 100 calories of my goal which are calculated to be at or around 1500 calories any advice would be helpful. I have a very hard time eating fruits and vegetables so I have to eat what my body will allow me I'm so frustrated and overwhelmed I just want to cry I am a relatively active person except for when I am in a flare up which is very debilitating and painful

Stress and inflammation can cause weight loss to be slower because of stress hormones like cortisol and even insulin. I would be frustrated too. I am thinking of what I would want to hear from someone, and I think it goes like this: be gentle on yourself. Eat the foods that nurture you. Get enough sleep. When you are well enough to increase your exercise, find an activity (maybe a pool?) that suits you. Cry when you need to. Unload here on this thread whenever you want to. There are lots of empathetic ears here.
  • Kaeleana
    Kaeleana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I clicked on the star to save it..thx for saying that, I would not have known to do but ;) noon here heh
  • Kaeleana
    Kaeleana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Err noob that is...stupid autocorrect lol
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Kaeleana wrote: »
    I clicked on the star to save it..thx for saying that, I would not have known to do but ;) noon here heh

I learned about the star the hard way - couldn't find a thread I really liked, so frustrating! anyway, you're welcome.
  • JilliejamOne
    JilliejamOne Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I too have to lose over 100 lbs! I have lost 65 in the past and found it again plus a few extras. It can be a daunting task but tracking has been the best way for my successes. Of course the little victors along the way are always sweet!

If anyone with 100 to lose needs a friend, I have just come back and would enjoy sharing.

Jill
  • profwool
    profwool Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So many supportive voices! This is a wonderful community - I am learning so much from what I read here, and of course knowing that I'm not alone is so empowering. I'll be adding y'all. Thanks to OP for starting this thread!
  • kittydhb
    kittydhb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too need to lose 100+ pounds. Glad to have found this thread. B)
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I too have to lose over 100 lbs! I have lost 65 in the past and found it again plus a few extras. It can be a daunting task but tracking has been the best way for my successes. Of course the little victors along the way are always sweet!

If anyone with 100 to lose needs a friend, I have just come back and would enjoy sharing.

Jill

Add me :smiley:
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like I've lots to lose & am on here daily , loving MFP , tracking is working for me along with preparing in advance .Have recently the gym and taking different classes to mix it up ...