I appreciate these forums-McDonalds

Options
Today was an off day. I don't feel that great (I think I'm coming down with something). I didn't want to make dinner, so I went to McDonalds for the kiddos, but I was also hungry. Normally, I would feel guilty if I ate fast food while trying to "diet." After reading a lot of the posts here, I'm beginning to understand that its a lifestyle change that is needed, and occasional fast food is not going to kill me and is okay to fit in (within my calories) and still work towards my health goals. This helped me keep the mindset that this is working for me, and I can actually stick with it and not quit because I feel like a failure. It's a wonderful thing! I stayed within my calorie budget, and I can continue on tomorrow with my usual food choices. I have lost roughly 11 pounds so far (been on here about a month) and I just want to thank you guys for posting what you do!

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    PS I appreciate these forums too. I've learned lots and am STILL learning lots.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Hooray! I'm truly happy to your post!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday--even had an ice cream cone. I hope you enjoyed! :)
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh well done, you!! It's awesome that you've reached a point where you recognize McDonald's and similar stuff is AOK.

I hope you got something yummy for yourself, too!

Get well soon. :flowerforyou:

~Lyssa
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to hear this! It's all about living.
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's great to eat what we want and still lose. Congratulations on your weight loss! Be sure to check your nutrition tab if you're feeling sick. You may need a multivitamin or extra Vitamin C. Hope you feel better :)
  • River314
    River314 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm learning that I don't necessarily have to give up on all my faves. I stumpy eat smaller portions of things I like to get that craving out of the way. I typically eat smaller portions anyway, except for McDonald's fries. The other day I got value size fries and I didn't think I needed more. Portion control!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Fabulous.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    River314 wrote: »
    I'm learning that I don't necessarily have to give up on all my faves. I stumpy eat smaller portions of things I like to get that craving out of the way. I typically eat smaller portions anyway, except for McDonald's fries. The other day I got value size fries and I didn't think I needed more. Portion control!

When I finally had that 'ah ha' moment with portion sizes it really changed everything for me. It's so freeing to realize you can still eat all the foods you like, including eating out, and still be in control and lose/maintain your weight. You just have to be mindful of portion sizes and then fit everything into your calorie goals :)

OP-I ate out several times a week during my active weight loss phase and I continue to eat out several times a week now in maintenance. I love eating out and I just had to learn how to fit it in with my goals!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    applause-gif-2.gif#applause%20gif%20320x240

Ditto!!! Life happens, don't let it wreck your lifestyle
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I eat Taco Bell once a week.