Drinking

Options
I started drinking 3 days s week to get hammered (good times) been effecting my workout. I'm still 217 14% body fat but idk I just need some support to stop and focus on gains! What's your opinion?

Replies

• mdviz
    mdviz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I binge on wine every week. I lost 60lb and never missed out on a single drink. All i do is stick to the days i decided to drink. I only drink at weekend when i rest from exersising and comit back to my regular exercise/diet during the week.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is carbs. More alcohol means more carbs. More carbs mean more size. :wink:

Seriously, though, don't drink enough to have a hangover and you should be good.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I "bank" calories during the week so I can "spend" them on good beer on the weekends!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is carbs. More alcohol means more carbs. More carbs mean more size. :wink:

Seriously, though, don't drink enough to have a hangover and you should be good.

Nope.

Alcohol contains a lot of calories. More calories means more size.
  • Teemo_sucks
    Teemo_sucks Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yeah just drinking around the weekend helps me :D
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    How 'bout taking this approach? http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/science-binge-drinking/

It's gotta be better than the typical alcoholic skeletal myopathy

• thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »

Nope.

Alcohol contains a lot of calories. More calories means more size.

*sigh*

Where do the calories come from? Carbs....
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If i want to drink and get hammered i would plan to do it on the night before my rest day. So if i do get a hangover its ok because im resting anyways. But if thats not enough then like someone said just dont drink enough to get a hangover.
  • BadAssAries
    BadAssAries Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am totally making space for my nightly cocktail (or wine) in my weight loss journey. I suspect this will become a problem later but I'll deal with that later
  • shadiisshac
    shadiisshac Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for al your feedback. I'm going to designate Saturday's and rest on Sunday's. I mean even go to church!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I love wine. Did I say that already? I love wine. And I live in the middle of Europe surrounded by wonderful wine. I managed to fit it into my calories darn near every day. I count every ml.
  • jbconnelly
    jbconnelly Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    What are you drinking? I'm a beer and whisky guy. Had to switch to Mich Ultra. It's ok. It's like any other light beer...a little watered down. But only 95 calories, 2.6g carbs, and as much alcohol as a coors lt/bud lt etc.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You said you need support to stop and focus on gains, so my opinion is 'stop and focus on gains!'
    The amount of alcohol you are consuming to get hammered three times a week at your weight seems like a lot of empty calories. Are you getting enough protein? Are you able to still have difficult heavy workouts? Personally I drink like once a month because I know I am not very productive following (although I think my drunk version burns a lot of calories). If it isn't affecting your workouts and nutrition then go for it, but I doubt that is the case. Best of luck in whatever you decide.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    track your drinking and count it in your calorie allotments

also, binge drinking is good for you