Low cal fat free treat for all those in UK

Options
beccyleigh
beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
Ok so made an interesting discovery today.

Was buying some small after school treats for my son today at Tesco & they had a deal, 11individually wrapped flumps for a pound.

On the packed it says fat free so when I got home I read the rest of the package & they are only 30 cals. :happy:

For those who don't know, flumps are marshmallow twists & they are delish. :tongue:

I just had one & it satisfied my sweet craving as well as being fat free & low cal.

Just thought I'd pass it on.

Replies

• grace1611
    grace1611 Posts: 55
    Options
    Great I will get some of them thanks
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ireland we just call them "Marshmallow Twists" I love them like you said 2 or 3 totally satisfy a sweet craving moment. Should have tried to remember that tonight when the Chocolate M&M came a calling and I could not say no!!! :laugh:
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    oooo can you let me know on sugar as thats what im always over on please xxx
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Ooo...that is interesting news! I love Flumps!

Also - a friend of mine alerted me to the fact that mini milks are only 30 calories. I love ice cream so they make a great guilt-free snack (and they come in chocolate now too!) :bigsmile:
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    here's the breakdown on the back of the packet;

per twist
    kcal 30
    protein 0.5g
    carbs 9.3g
    fat trace

no mention of sugar. will check the food directory
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    sorry no mention of sugar but when I googled sugar content in flumps this came up;

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5377069375

lol
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    mini milks, good idea. they do strawberry,chocolate & vanilla in multi packs at tescos too
  • kayi2601
    kayi2601 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yay.... i keep finding myself falling off my food goals because of my sweet tooth. definitely popping to tesco tomorrow to buy myself some :) thank you xx
  • carolynmaude
    Options
    I love flumps! Also, I like caxtons pink and whites. They're like a marshmallow sandwich with wafers, 50 calories each. They satisfy my sweet craving and my craving for something crunchy!
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    Pink & Whites. Love them too. Will pick a pack up for my desk at work.
  • leannemr
    leannemr Posts: 48
    Options
    Have you tried the Skinny Cow range? They do a lovely chocolate ice cream lolly thingy which is low fat and cals too. Satisfy my choccy craving every time!! :tongue:
  • littlerolo
    littlerolo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Flumps are amazing but i think i would find it hard to have just one or two
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Being in the US, I had to google Flumps. :laugh: Makes me wonder what kind of sweets we have in the US that would baffle those in the UK (or otherwise not native.) I also had to google winegums while reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    skinny cow is good but not a massive icecream fan (unless it is haagen daaz, which I dont have anymore :( ) but is a good one for deserts after sunday dinner. and the whole family can have it too without knowing they are being healthy :D