Does doing insanity workouts help with weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Weight loss is through your diet, not your exercise. If you are eating too much now, you will not lose weight no matter how much exercise you do.

I've been eating healthy throughout my journey yet has only been able to lose 25 pounds in 7 months. I feel as if I up my workouts that I'll be able to see better results.

You don't have to eat "healthy " to lose weight, only have eat in a deficit and should hit your macros for your body weight. I eat ice cream, pastries, waffles with syrup every day, and 0% cardio and still lose weight when I'm not bulking. I'm currently 13% body fat.

When one does not lose weight it's either from improper logging of food (usually not using a food scale) or by using exercise guestimates from a machine or a gadget such as fitbit/hrm of calories to calculate cals burned which all are not perfect.

Exercise while can be used as a tool to eat more, can be out eaten easily when just a few things are off.

Also losing 25lbs in seven months is a good rate. Good job!
  • Jay43dc
    Jay43dc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    cococat24 wrote: »
    I've done it before, and yes you will definitely burn lots not lots of calories during lol. I liked it, it's fun, it's not for everyone but if you like a good hard workout in your own home it's great. Lol when I first tried it out I thought the warm up was a workout

• Jay43dc
    Jay43dc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also thought the warm up was a workout... I did the first block in the programme working out daily and drastically changed my body shape and lost weight. I really liked it.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It does work, but it's super intense. I lost 40lbs w insanity and walking. I couldn't and chose not to follow the daily exercise program 100% (it may have killed me if I'd tried lol) yet I Def lost weight, gained strength and progressed in ability. No need for their diet routine and stupid shakes. Just your kitchen scale and healthier choices.

On side note this thread might have talked me into trying it again! I've slacked and gained inches in the middle again, wanting to shake it off before summer. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger right