IIFYM question - help

Options
Ok, so I did some reaserch about IIFYM and I calculated my macros and the results were: 1461 calories, 40% P; 39%F ; 21% C.
Is this correct? It seems like a lot of calories for me and I barely workout. Should I follow this or stick to whatever MFP gives me (around 1200 cal I think) ?
I am 165m, 83kg and want to be like 60-55 kg (I've lost weight in the past with changing different diets or so :( if this matter)

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    What's IIFYM ?
  • pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    why not split the difference and aim for 1300 and see how that works out. Give it a month and review your loss and see if you need to go down or up.

Nothing is set in stone and you don't need to think of them as such. You should review your own numbers based on how it is going.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    You're approximately 5'5" and 180 pounds? Yeah, 1461 isn't too many calories at all and 1200 puts you at risk of binging. Start with 1400 to 1500 for a few weeks and go from there. MFP gave you 1200 because you put in your wanted to lose two pounds per week and 1200 is the minimum it will go in calories.
  • anaam27
    anaam27 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What's IIFYM ?
    IIFYM = if it fits my macros
    Is a way of eating where you can eat and indulge as long as you stay in the calories, protein, carbs and fat that were given to you
    You should search it for more informations :)
  • anaam27
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    You're approximately 5'5" and 180 pounds? Yeah, 1461 isn't too many calories at all and 1200 puts you at risk of binging. Start with 1400 to 1500 for a few weeks and go from there. MFP gave you 1200 because you put in your wanted to lose two pounds per week and 1200 is the minimum it will go in calories.

Ok thanks, I thought that 1461 is too much .. So I should follow the results I got?
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    yes, those results should work for ya. :)
  • anaam27
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »
    yes, those results should work for ya. :)

Thank you :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    anaam27 wrote: »
    Ok, so I did some reaserch about IIFYM and I calculated my macros and the results were: 1461 calories, 40% P; 39%F ; 21% C.
    Is this correct? It seems like a lot of calories for me and I barely workout. Should I follow this or stick to whatever MFP gives me (around 1200 cal I think) ?
    I am 165m, 83kg and want to be like 60-55 kg (I've lost weight in the past with changing different diets or so :( if this matter)

Calorie wise, 1461 seems better than 1200 for your height and current weight. Remember that MFP sets calories to whatever weight loss rate you choose (a big flaw, IMO), so you get fewer calories if you choose to lose faster (but of course it will also be more difficult to do, and have a failure rate accordingly.)

40P 39F 21C looks unbalanced (very protein heavy for no good reason - a good reason would be "bodybuilder preparing for competition"), it can be hard to make it fit with tasty and normal meals, but try it for a week or two. If you want to change it, do that, because calories is what matters for weight loss - the right macros just help you stick to your calories.