Chicken breast....vomit??

Options
hhnkhl
hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
So I have been a heavy fast food and restaraunt eater...I decided to start eating healthy and losing weight...

I had cauliflower...brocolli...tomatoes....then lastly I ate just plain boiled chicken breast. I ate about 100g of the chicken breast. However... every time I tried eating it I wanted to vomit. Is this because I have been used to additives and etc on my meats???

Replies

• pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I prefer to roast/bake my breast. I can't even imagine boiling it
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    It's because you used a cooking medium that produces no reactions that add to flavor. Grill it. Roast it. Use chicken stock.

I eat chicken almost daily and would probably vomit from eating boiled chicken. There is no reason for chicken to taste bad.

Salt, pepper, olive oil. They go a long way. Chili powder is nice.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I bet you overcooked it and it was very dry. I would want to vomit from that too.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Yeah. The only time I've boiled chicken is when one of my pets had to go on a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice.

I tried a bite once - I think I would have thrown up if I had continued eating it.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    You need to find another way of cooking chicken breasts.
    Go to Penzeys and find some spices.
    Crock pot with Buffalo wing sauce or another sauce.
    There are thousands of ways to season it and make it edible and delicious.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    hhnkhl wrote: »
    So I have been a heavy fast food and restaraunt eater...I decided to start eating healthy and losing weight...

I had cauliflower...brocolli...tomatoes....then lastly I ate just plain boiled chicken breast. I ate about 100g of the chicken breast. However... every time I tried eating it I wanted to vomit. Is this because I have been used to additives and etc on my meats???

That sounds horrible. I love grilled chicken, but I don't have easy access to a grill, so I do a lot of pan cooked chicken. Just throw in a hot frying pan (no oil because I have non-stick pans). And spices always make a difference. I've used no salt spice mixes as well as some of the grill master series. My go tos are typically something labeled similar to "garlic and herb". And if nothing else, I do salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
  • pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    In fairness I did once have a really nice steamed breast in a restaurant but I think it had been spiced quite subtly or they had been feeding that chicken some tasty grain.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Get something like a George Forman grill..you can get one for like $12 at Walmart..you can grill anything on it
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    The only reason to ever boil chicken breast is if you're going to shred it and cover it with something tasty, like salsa or mole. Or add salt and pepper, dump it on top of a sweet potato, and add some roasted grapes. Or make chicken salad out of it. But for the love of food, don't eat the boiled chicken plain! That's just sad and awful.

There's a bajillion ways to cook chicken so it doesn't suck. Look here: http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/easy-chicken-recipes
    There's approximate nutrition info and everything! Just be sure to weigh and measure your ingredients as you go :)
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love chicken breast...but if I had to eat it plain and boiled I'd probably vomit too.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Being healthy has nothing to do with adding no flavor!!! Chicken is a quick and easy item, especially cooking a bunch up to meal prep. Things that you serve it with, rice and veggies, make it chinese or mexican. Very versatile!
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    So you took the chicken breast, unseasoned, boiled it until all the flavor had gone into the water, threw out the water and ate the chicken?

You are doing this wrong.

Look up some recipes for chicken breast, or at least cooking techniques. I usually sear it in a hot pan then spread honey/mustard/olive oil/rosemary/salt/pepper on it and bake it in the oven for about 20 min, till it's cooked through. Often with little potatoes on the pan soaking up some of the flavor. Everyone seems to love it that way.

And believe me You Can Learn To Cook Well. My ex was so clueless that he literally burned the water when he tried to boil some water, he was starting below zero in cooking skill. From there he became a good enough cook that he did it for a living. Anyone can learn to cook well. Ignorance is where everyone starts.
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I think most people would want to vomit. Learn about different spices you enjoy and add some flavor to that chicken. Then learn to bake, grill, fry it, whatever floats your boat. Boiled meat sounds like punishment so avoid that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I would probably want to vomit on plain boiled chicken breast too...you are aware that you can flavor things and whatnot...and personally I would have marinated that thing and thrown that on the grill or sauteed it or baked it.

I've never heard of anyone eating boiled chicken breast as a rule...it would be rather dry and unappetizing to say the least.

FYI, "healthy" doesn't mean bland and boring...
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    hhnkhl wrote: »

I think it's probably because boiled meat is disgusting. Try grilling it or roasting it
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Boiled chicken, I would vomit as well. Try spices (salt free), grill it, broil it. As onions, peppers, lemon, orange, anything.