Friends losing 40lbs

Options
I'm trying to lose 40lbs by cutting my calories to 1200 eating healthy and working out! I'm surrounded by skinny people who don't give a s*** what they eat and could use friends with similar goals as me to help MOTIVATE me, conversate with me and share experiences. Add me!

Replies

• bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I know it looks like skinny people do not care what they eat, but the reality is they really do watch what they eat.

People call me skinny, but I literally watch every calorie I put in my mouth and I workout 6 days a week to stay the size I am, and it is not easy.

I have lost 70 pounds after each of three pregnancies. I know what weight loss is like. It is not harder than maintaining a small body week after week.

Bugs me when people say skinny people eat what they want.

Good luck on your journey, hope you find support, but bashing other people is not helpful when we are all on a journey somewhere.

• MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I started with wanting to lose about 70 pounds, I've lost 33, so I've got around 40 to go :smile: I'm also eating at 1200 and my diary is open to friends.
  • AnnaNutBread89
    AnnaNutBread89 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's such a struggle, add me if you want more motivation
  • PinkZebra2014
    PinkZebra2014 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I too am trying to lose about 40 pounds so far I have lost 2 pounds and I have about 43 more to go to reach my goal weight. You can add me if you like. We can motivate each other. :)
  • CrossfitOCRunner
    CrossfitOCRunner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I lost over 40 in the first 2 months of this year and I'm at 50+ now. you can do it. I didn't adhere wholly to the calories philosophy. I focused more on food quality, macros and energy expenditure. Please add me if you like as im still dialing in the last pounds and helping others reach their goals.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My goal is 45 lbs down. I have already lost 28, so about 17 more to go! You can add me if you want. I'm 28/F 5'7", 157 lbs, goal of 140.
  • Myjourney2345
    Myjourney2345 Posts: 116 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 40lbs by cutting my calories to 1200 eating healthy and working out! I'm surrounded by skinny people who don't give a s*** what they eat and could use friends with similar goals as me to help MOTIVATE me, conversate with me and share experiences. Add me!

What are you doing for exercise? And what is your starting weight if you don't mind me asking? I would highly advise you to up your calories to at least 1,600-1,700 a day. In 2009 I went from being 215 pounds to 118 pounds in less than 8 months by only eating 1,200 calories a day. Needles to say, I was starving and ended up gaining 36 pounds back and developed a very unhealthy relationship with food. I hovered around 155 pounds for a few years and decided to lose 35 pounds for my wedding last year while eating 1,450 calories this too was too low and I gained 12 of those pounds back through bingeing. I am now back on track, eating anywhere between 1650-2000 calories a day, exercising at high intensity 6 times a week and losing at least a pound a week ( I am 37, 5'4.5, 142.4 pounds). I don't feel deprived and I actually feel like I would be able to sustain this weightloss in the long term, I shifted my mindset and I don't care how much I lose per week as long as I lose or even maintain.

Anyways, to each is own, but just a word of caution; don't ever deprive yourself or starve yourself as it can really screw your mental, emotional and physical state.

Last thing, as someone who's not overweight I realize that I will need to weigh my food and exercise a lot to maintain my weight and future weight loss, it is the reality and I know that a lot of thin people monitor their diet and exercise every day, most people do, unfortunately if you don't you end up gaining weight.
  • paymentm
    paymentm Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking to lose 40lbs and hopefully 20libs by the end of summer. Add me if you'd like :) 5'7/F/somewhere in the 180's.
  • AmandaIsherwood3
    AmandaIsherwood3 Posts: 47 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • Rapril2000
    Rapril2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im looking to lose about 40 or 50 lbs..... maybe more. I actually do have some friends who seem to have crazy good metabolism. One in particular tries to gain weight and cant. Its frustrating to me that I have to concentrate so hard to lose anything and she strolls in with McDonalds. Blah....
  • michelle24p
    michelle24p Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Add me. My weight loss goal is 43lbs. I am 32 lbs down and somewhat stalling. I just went back to using a trainer to give me that extra boost and focus.
  • nicoleash126
    nicoleash126 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

[/quote]
    bogwoppt1 wrote: »
    I know it looks like skinny people do not care what they eat, but the reality is they really do watch what they eat.

People call me skinny, but I literally watch every calorie I put in my mouth and I workout 6 days a week to stay the size I am, and it is not easy.

I have lost 70 pounds after each of three pregnancies. I know what weight loss is like. It is not harder than maintaining a small body week after week.

Bugs me when people say skinny people eat what they want.

Good luck on your journey, hope you find support, but bashing other people is not helpful when we are all on a journey somewhere.

I wasn't speaking on skinny people in general, I said I am surrounded by skinny people who don't care what they eat meaning the people in my daily life. Sorry for your misunderstanding.