If you had a chance for a "do-over" in life, what would you do differently?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    For the most part I look at the decisions I've made, good or bad, and realize that they have shaped the man I am today so wouldn't really want to change anything...except I wish I would have never picked up a cigarette...that was just dumb, dumb, dumb.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Probably wouldn't of married my ex. Def. wouldn't of let him run my credit into the ground. Ugh. Live and learn!
  • NASAwife13
    NASAwife13 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am a strong believer of things happen for one reason or another, and if something in my past was to change maybe my present would not be the same.

BUT,.....

I wish I was more selective on the men I had chosen to date.

But if it wasnt for all the bad ones I may not have met my wonderful one :)

Oh plus I wouldnt have let myself get fat in the first place.......
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Everything
  • TomyDee
    TomyDee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not get married - for sure! :)
  • NikkiWalt
    NikkiWalt Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Stayed focused in school. Partied harder before kids. Waited a little longer to get married.
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Not worry about the unimportant stuff. Spend more time with my sister and be a better friend to her. I miss her so much.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have gone to college. At least not right away. It has taken me a long time to figure out what I want to be when I grow up, and college didn't change that for me. It was expected of me without me realizing at the time that there are so many ways to be successful. Who knows, maybe I still would have gone to college somewhere, but if I had to do it again, I would have waited.
  • HoolaHoopsMcGee
    HoolaHoopsMcGee Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Sooooo many things...

But when I was about 5-6 years old, my mom was in art college in Paris and I went to 1st grade there. She had a boyfriend who was really wonderful to me. When we went back to the states I had no idea, but he wanted to adopt me and keep me in Paris with him as he went to medical school. I only found this out a few years ago and ever since I've wondered what my life would have been like if I'd grown up his daughter. #tooreal
  • avionicsman14
    avionicsman14 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Let my dad teach me guitar like he wanted to do!
  • GMAC2016
    GMAC2016 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Where to begin???
    I am happy with my wife and kids so that's good but career wise I would love to be a chef. Of course, that's without knowing all the crap aspects of the job. I wish I had been more confident when I was younger. Probably a few girls that might have gone out with me had I had the balls to ask them. I wish I had gotten in shape about 30 years ago (still not there yet but trying).
    I think for the most part I wouldn't change that much. More threesomes maybe (or at least one...
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Well I'd start with being born and take it from there
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Study abroad
  • PennyBrew
    PennyBrew Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would have gone to community college instead of going to and dropping out of an expensive private school. Eleven years later and I'm still trying to pay off that debt and finish the degree I started.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have gone to college. waste of money and time.
  • Frank_Jr
    Frank_Jr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have sold my 1968 Mercury Cougar when I was 19.
  • elchaifetz
    elchaifetz Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Skip the first hubby but no regrets...love my two sons
  • Choosing2BHealthy86
    Choosing2BHealthy86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Gone to a community college for 2 years before attending university. Gone to an out of state university. Studied abroad. Made and effort to socialize more in college.
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    Gone to grad school and traveled before I got married
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I'd be that free, adventurous woman that I know I am inside and let my gypsy soul roam, dancing all the nights away....