I appreciate these forums-McDonalds

Options
2»

Replies

• markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    If your weight goes up tomorrow, don't panic. McDonald's is a lot saltier than what I am used to, and may be for you too.

That's the only negative. I used to take BP meds so I watch sodium, that's the only issue I have with their food. I realize a meal or two probably isn't going to spike my BP. I just don't eat there 7 days a week.

OP we're now in maintenance, we choose to allocate 300 calories daily to Ben and Jerry’s every night! It's awesome to be skinny and be able to do that.☺
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I travel a ton for work, mostly driving, and McDonald's all day breakfast has saved my life. There are not many places you can can get a sandwich for 300 calories with 17g of protein that can be eaten with one hand while driving a car, but the Egg McMuffin absolutely can. Is it ideal? no. Is life ideal? Absolutely not.

the hardest thing for me to deal with has been picking myself up after those "off days", dusting off, and moving on, but I'm learning.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Places like Mcdonald's have "healthier choices" as well. Here in Canada/toronto right now they have a grilled chicken sandwich that is not bad (call The 12).

Grilled or crispy seasoned Canadian chicken breast, topped with white processed cheddar cheese, crisp leaf lettuce, fresh tomato, and applewood smoke seasoned sauce, on a sesame and poppy seed glazed bun. It’s a satisfying sandwich you’ll feel good about.
    Carbs 40, Fat 14, Protein 30...Calories 400

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome post. I ate a half a pizza two weekends ago, and was up 5lbs the next day. It all went away within a few days. Don't panic!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Go you! You've figured out the hardest part of losing and maintaining weight - how to eat in a way that's sustainable for you. So glad you checked back in, you're doing amazing!
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations! I've come to the same point too. When losing weight, if its not something you could do everyday for the rest of your life there's no point in doing it temporarily. I've found that if I restrict too much or deny myself the foods I really want too often I end up binge eating and undoing all of my weight loss efforts so there's no point. Better to incorporate some of the higher calorie foods sometimes and enjoy. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint :D
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Way to make it work! I have a busy life, kids, etc. and drive-thru food is a part of that. I do it a bit less than I used to (admittedly a few times all three meals for the day were fast food), but I don't fear it and know what my go-to convenience foods are.

It was really hard to wrap my head around the fact that losing weight didn't have to have any off limits foods. There were a few self-imposed restrictions I gave myself such as no regular soda and pizza only when I have the calories to eat ALL the pizza. Otherwise, if it fits in my calories, I eat it.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Most freeing and empowering thing I learned on this forum was I didn't have to restrict foods. It's made all the difference in the world because I now have a sustainable exit plan.

Oh and it stopped guilt dead in its tracks!!