• lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    every morning
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,469 Member
    Never, don't have a scale.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    I weigh myself daily and record it almost every day. I like having the information and tracking the overall trend.
  • 321sjs
    321sjs Posts: 10 Member
    I weigh every morning, like others after using the bathroom and before getting dressed. I don't get stressed at small fluctuations since I know they are normal. If my weight goes up too much I go back and see what I have been eating or if I was exercising or maybe I was out of town for a weekend and not being as good as I would like to be. For me, weighing daily is motivating. If my weight goes up, I exercise a little harder to get the weight going the other direction. If my weight goes down, I know I am doing things right and I exercise a little harder so I can continue to see that result. I record my weight daily since I like to go back and look at trends. Like the time my weight shot up when I thought caramel corn sounded like a good idea. I can see how long it took me to get rid of that caramel corn and I haven't chosen to repeat that little indulgence.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    I weigh one or twice per week. The second time is only if I feel or see something different about my body.
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Like a few others on here, I weigh in daily, and only record when the weight drops. Keeps me focused, and it's nice to see good results, or be able to react quickly if I gain - I can double check foood measurements, and make sure I'm logging everything, etc.
  • richiemarez
    richiemarez Posts: 17 Member
    once a week but prob going to do it once every 2 weeks from now on
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    I weigh every morning with a curious mind. Make a guess before jumping on. After getting off, take a few minutes to reflect on yesterday eating. I don't get sad or very happy with any result.

That's how I train to be in tune with my behaviors.

• hollypopp10
    hollypopp10 Posts: 68 Member
    Once a week for me. Either Thursday or Friday, they way I can enjoy my weekend and not worry about a Monday weigh-in!
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    I know the right answer is once a week same time of day etc.....the real answer for me is Every morning and again after very intense long work outs (to estimate water deficit) which is only 1-2 days a week
  • billylusk777
    billylusk777 Posts: 8 Member
    Wow everyone weighs daily, seems like that would be frustrating. I started weighing once a month but that was too long to wait so now i weigh every 2 weeks.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    once a week,on sunday morning
  • UliKutting
    UliKutting Posts: 13 Member
    After every workout, usually every other day. Tracked by runtastic.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I cannot stop weighing in every morning! I've gotten over the frustrations of day to day fluctuations but cannot stop myself!

Why do you feel the need to stop yourself? Knowing that daily fluctuations are completely normal surely helps understand how your body works.

It's just data and the more data the better so you can see the true trend. I weigh daily as part of my morning routine and the number on the scale doesn't make or break my day - it's just a number.
  • UliKutting
    UliKutting Posts: 13 Member
    ... and the number on the scale doesn't make or break my day - it's just a number.

I can't fully agree. Progress motivates me, stagnation even more! B)

• Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Twice a day at least, sometimes more! Once in the morning and once after a shower in the evening. Sometimes I might step on one other time during the day. I only record once a day or at times I get into the habit of only recording weight I have lost.

I used to get very frustrated by the day to day weight fluctuations but I don't so much any more, I find it interesting and informative! The more I see the scales do crazy things that don't make sense, the more I have come to accept it! I might go up and down over the week but I know it will eventually go down... the weight WOOSH!
  • meghanttu08
    meghanttu08 Posts: 158 Member
    Every time I go to the gym...3x a week?
  • 155at49
    155at49 Posts: 14 Member
    The first thing every morning. It helps keep me accountable.